Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hiii

I got my first offer today/two days ago but ucas track was down!!! (yayness)

But I was sure that following an offer, the university would send an email to me...perhaps inviting me to an open day or just saying your offer is conditional on "AAB" or whatever...

So do most universities not do this?

Have many people got just a "conditional" on their ucas track thing but no emails from the uni?

please somebody reply...
    slightly not believing that I got an offer because of this...

ReputationRep:
    some send an email but it varies. But ucas track is down for maintenance atm so just wait and then go on your choice and click the course code and it will have the conditions of your offer

Congrats on ure offer Xx

ReputationRep:
    The same thing happened to me for my offer from Imperial. Got the offer a month ago, still no email :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KP40186)
    If it says you have an offer on ucas then you have an offer. I've never had any emails after getting an offer before. I think they usually send you a letter in the post inviting you to a ucas day.. So its all good.

ReputationRep:
    be afraid. be very afraid.

ReputationRep:
    Well, usually you get an email saying you staus has changed and blah, then you can track it. But yeah, normally a Uni will send a letter comfirming that you have been offered a place - however this is usually a while after it is through track. Maybe a few days. Or at least that's what i have experienced .

Then again, some uni's are a bit better than others when replying yo and writing to applicants. Like, St Andrew's are awesome I just got a Christmas post card from them lol it's cute.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NellGwynne)
    Well, usually you get an email saying you staus has changed and blah, then you can track it. But yeah, normally a Uni will send a letter comfirming that you have been offered a place - however this is usually a while after it is through track. Maybe a few days. Or at least that's what i have experienced .

Then again, some uni's are a bit better than others when replying yo and writing to applicants. Like, St Andrew's are awesome I just got a Christmas post card from them lol it's cute.

Loool that is cute..

ReputationRep:
    Click on the course code on UCAS Track and you'll see the conditions. Not all unis send a follow up email/letter but some do remember alot of unis will have broken up for Xmas now anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KP40186)
    Hiii

I got my first offer today/two days ago but ucas track was down!!! (yayness)

But I was sure that following an offer, the university would send an email to me...perhaps inviting me to an open day or just saying your offer is conditional on "AAB" or whatever...

So do most universities not do this?

Have many people got just a "conditional" on their ucas track thing but no emails from the uni?

please somebody reply...
    slightly not believing that I got an offer because of this...
    Thats normal. First of all have you checked what the offer conditions are? If not click on the course code, there will be a letter from UCAS confirming the offer with the conditions. Sometime in the new year you will recieve a letter in the post detailing information about visit days and again confirming the offer.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.