Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Everyone always talks about how Birmingham is strict with GCSEs when it comes to Medicine but what about other courses? I'm considering English/Philosophy/Political Science there.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think they really focus on them; it's only really fr the ultra competitive courses such as Medicine that they would factor GCSE results into it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by briebriexo)
    Everyone always talks about how Birmingham is strict with GCSEs when it comes to Medicine but what about other courses? I'm considering English/Philosophy/Political Science there.
    I don't think they are fussy for their other courses. I got an offer last year for International Relations (within the Politics department) with 5A's 5B's 1C at GCSE.

ReputationRep:
    As long as you have the standard 5 Cs or above for the core subjects, they probably won't even look at them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by briebriexo)
    I'm doing Geography there next year, and I got an offer even though I got 5 A's, 6 B's and 2 C's at GCSEs (which isn't bad, but not wow amazing). I don't think they're that strict for courses other than medicine

ReputationRep:
    You need a B in Maths and a B in English, that's university wide. Aside from that, no GCSE requirements.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SteveDhalai)
    You need a B in Maths and a B in English, that's university wide. Aside from that, no GCSE requirements.
    perfectly said!! B in maths and B in english will open most doors concerning universities.:rolleyes:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.