Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Switched from Cerazette to Implanon...still no period? Watch

Hi guys,

So I was on Cerazette for about three months, I started it on my period, and after that I didn't have period the whole time. I never missed a pill and was never more than an hour late every now and then. I took two pregnancy tests when I was on it (one just before I got the implant) and they were both negative.

But I had the implant fitted just over a month ago and still have had no period or even spotting. I did take Cerazette for 7 days (8 actually to be on the safe side..!) after I had it in as my GP advised. Obviously I am sightly worried about pregnancy etc, however unlikely.

Has anyone has had a similar experience with this? I might speak to my GP anyway but was just wondering. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    The exact same thing happened to me.
    I'd been on Cerazette for a few years and changed to Implanon a few months ago. The GP who fitted it recommended I carried on taking Cerazette for a week afterwards. I did as I was told and about two months later I realised I hadn't had a period. I phoned the helpline in a panic and they said it was perfectly normal. It's because the hormones are very similar. So if you didn't get periods on Cerazette it's unlikely you'll get periods while using Implanon.
    I hope that helps!

I did read about the hormones being similar, good to know I'm not the only one, cheers!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 20, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.