Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hormone Study (with poll) watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: ...
    I have 'good' maths ability and my ring finger is longer than my index finger
    50.00%
    I have 'good' maths ability and my ring finger is shorter than my index finger
    22.22%
    I do not have 'good' maths ability and my ring finger is longer than my index finger
    5.56%
    I do not have 'good' maths ability and my ring finger is shorter than my index finger
    22.22%

ReputationRep:
    Sorry if this is the wrong forum...

I'm interested to find out whether the following generalisation applies to TSRians -

If your ring finger is longer than your index finger, mathematical ability will be superior to individuals with a ring finger shorter than their index finger.

For the purposes of this, I'm going to class 'good maths ability' as either an A at GCSE maths, or a B or higher in AS/A2 maths. Sorry if that offends anyone. If it's any consolation, I'm terrible at maths

Index finger is your first finger, ring finger is your third. Use your dominant hand.

So the poll will have four options

1 - I have 'good' maths ability and my ring finger is longer than my index finger
    2 - I have 'good' maths ability and my ring finger is shorter than my index finger
    3 - I do not have 'good' maths ability and my ring finger is longer than my index finger
    4 - I do not have 'good' maths ability and my ring finger is shorter than my index finger

ReputationRep:
    I have 'good' maths ability and my ring finger is longer than my index finger.

ReputationRep:
    Mine are literally identical in length. Does that mean I am some sort of messiah?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    Mine are literally identical in length. Does that mean I am some sort of messiah?
    The proof is in your name...

ReputationRep:
    Ditto.

ReputationRep:
    It just means you need to spend some time with your psychiatrist.:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I got a B in maths GCSE but I picked option 3.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.