Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Hiya,

I flatly refused to get my boyfriend anything for Christmas as he couldn't decide what he wanted, and every present I've ever bought him has backfired - though usually he has asked for it! (Cases in point - a bike he never uses, and a sat-nav that he never charges)

However, THIS WEEKEND, he has decided he wants a wallet. I don't trust delivery, so where might I be able to get a good quality one on the high street?

I was thinking Debenhams, but I really don't know where else!

Thanks,

Jessica x

EDIT: If at all possible, I'd like to get it engraved. I'm wary of doing it online because of delays, but I don't know where to even start on the high street! Thanks x

ReputationRep:
    I bought my Father a nice wallet set from debenhams last year, they had the nicest ones on the high street.

ReputationRep:
    Diesel hiresh green/black leather wallet

ReputationRep:
    If you're going Debenhams maybe Selfridges?

ReputationRep:
    Selfridges.

ReputationRep:
    I don't see why you should need to pay fancy prices in Selfridges. A man needs a slick yet functional wallet. You could get this from M&S for a fraction of the Selfridges price, unless he's impressed by fancy bags.

ReputationRep:
    I would say House of Fraser.

I bought my wallet from there, very similar to this one.
    http://www.realpaulsmith.com/images/...4zMjAuMjQw.jpg

Not to everyones taste, but i quite like Paul Smith.

Always worth spending more on a decent wallet. Its something hes going to use every day, nice to buy a quality product.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Thanks very much

Yes, I want a good quality one. I think it's a bit near to Christmas to get it engraved now though Men are no use at Christmas!

ReputationRep:
    John Lewis
    http://www.johnlewis.com/Men/Wallets...OEeCDdmAsN9w==

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ice_Queen)
    Hiya,

I flatly refused to get my boyfriend anything for Christmas as he couldn't decide what he wanted, and every present I've ever bought him has backfired - though usually he has asked for it! (Cases in point - a bike he never uses, and a sat-nav that he never charges)

However, THIS WEEKEND, he has decided he wants a wallet. I don't trust delivery, so where might I be able to get a good quality one on the high street?

I was thinking Debenhams, but I really don't know where else!

Thanks,

Jessica x

EDIT: If at all possible, I'd like to get it engraved. I'm wary of doing it online because of delays, but I don't know where to even start on the high street! Thanks x
    Well, a friend of mine went through a phase of making wallets out of duct tape and giving them to us all as birthday presents. Sounds stupid, but they get the job done, and at a distance it looks like snakeskin or really shiny leather!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arekkusu)
    Well, a friend of mine went through a phase of making wallets out of duct tape and giving them to us all as birthday presents. Sounds stupid, but they get the job done, and at a distance it looks like snakeskin or really shiny leather!
    Haha that sounds awesome :p:

I found a nice place online based in Norwich where I got on in the end - online, but I have a couple of days and it is next day delivery, so I should get it by Friday at least!

ReputationRep:
    Debenhams
    John Lewis
    House of Fraser

My parents got me a really nice one from Debenhams 2 years ago, Saint George by Duffer. Though I had previously looked in the 2 other shops listed, I prefer the one I have now to what I could have got

Not sure about engraving, sorry. Perhaps buy one and maybe a high street jeweller or someone could engrave it separately?

Good luck

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.