Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Need some advice please.
    I have known this guy from work over the summer and we got chatting. Anyway now i am back from christmas from university, I was at the work party last weekend and we ended up kissing loads. Since he has been texting me loads and wants to meet up with me. But the thing is, I had a hunch which i confronted him about that he was engaged. He wont add me on facebook because apparently he never uses it (my friend says this true), but on his facebook he says hes engaged. On the night i did ask him several times if he was engaged and he said he wasn't and he never had been. Anyway today, he said he couldnt meet me because he had to go to his mums party, however he told one of the guys at work he was going to his girlfriends mum party? I am so confused, if he is engaged why does he want to meet me? He told me he wanted a girlfriend...Any advice what to do? Everytime i have confronted him he has been an excuse which seems pretty convincing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Need some advice please.
    I have known this guy from work over the summer and we got chatting. Anyway now i am back from christmas from university, I was at the work party last weekend and we ended up kissing loads. Since he has been texting me loads and wants to meet up with me. But the thing is, I had a hunch which i confronted him about that he was engaged. He wont add me on facebook because apparently he never uses it (my friend says this true), but on his facebook he says hes engaged. On the night i did ask him several times if he was engaged and he said he wasn't and he never had been. Anyway today, he said he couldnt meet me because he had to go to his mums party, however he told one of the guys at work he was going to his girlfriends mum party? I am so confused, if he is engaged why does he want to meet me? He told me he wanted a girlfriend...Any advice what to do? Everytime i have confronted him he has been an excuse which seems pretty convincing.
    Try to be a detective and find out more information from his acquaintances. Sometimes there are other explanations even if the first one seems to be obvious.

Anyway, if he lies to you, leave him without a mercy.

ReputationRep:
    If you think he's lying to you, then just don't go there in the first place, leave whilst you can!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 19, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.