Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

For about a month now I began to see one of my female friends differently and a couple of days ago I told her that I liked her. I asked her out to just hang out for coffee and then we just walked around afterwards. Was bit worried of saying but in the end I did and she said that she did find me attractive and does like me but she needs to think about it because doesn't want to ruin friendship.

Fair enough. She said that she didn't want to go out a few weeks then just flake on me like she has done in the past. We were meant to go out yesterday with some friends for a dinner party but in the end I couldn't go for various reasons. I'm not sure how to take it though. She said she needs to think about it but also was asking me if "sleeping on it" does really help so I thought she'd tell me next day but hasn't.

It's been 2 days since I told her now. Should I just wait for her to call/text me or should I get in contact with her in a few days if still hasn't called? There's a party happening on Wednesday which she's going to and I might but not sure if I should go really. I'd rather talk about it firstly with her properly and know where I stand - not sure a party with many other people is best place for that.

ReputationRep:
    She is lying, she doesn't want a relationship and you've just made everything awkward.

It's just about damage limitation now, don't push her.

ReputationRep:
    wait till the party to talk to her!
    It could have come as a surprise to her, so she might need more than a night to sleep on it, i'd just wait till you talk to her in person to see what she thinks then.

ReputationRep:
    friend to girlfriend makes it all awkward UNLESS theres clear signs before

Well we increasingly began hanging out - just us two. I go to the gym quite a bit so I like to think I have a nice physique and she does check me out quite a bit. She even admitted it after I told her I liked her. I do think she likes me - a little even - but not sure where to go with it. Don't want to come across as needy either but also not really laid back and don't care or else she might not want to bother either.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 19, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.