Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Always hungry Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Somehow I am always hungry .
    Even when I feel full (hardly ever) I get hungry straight away.
    all i think about is FOOD !!

Most of the time I stop eating because I feel that " i've eaten enough food for now" but am still hungry!!!

Why is that?? :confused::confused:

Fortunately i'm an not fat, but I feel that i am pulling on weight, and this food addiction drives me crazy!!

More info : The worse thing is while im eating i dont feel like im eatin!! I look at my plate and I go like - No way?!? did I seriously eat all that?

I am 18 years old.

ReputationRep:
    s**t mate im going through the exact same thing no joke lol, im not reallt fat either, but i could seriously just sit around an eat all day

im 5'11, probs 85-87kg btw, and i eat wayyy more than i need to at this age even though im in my teens

ReputationRep:
    I have been like that my entire life. Costs a fortune to keep me satisfied. I always get made fun of for my eating
    I think some people are just like that...I used to have a friend who was the same.

ReputationRep:
    Could be many things
    not eating the right foods, i.e. not enough complex carbs and too much sugar etc
    it's christmas, everyone has food on the brain at the moment
    Boredom
    worms?
    if it gets too bad, see a doctor. Those hunger suppressant tablets don't work.

ReputationRep:
    I'm like this when I screw up my eating pattern. Try and get yourself into a regular eating pattern, 3 meals a day at set times (keeping to them as much as you can) with maybe some snacks in between.

ReputationRep:
    I find chewing chewing gum helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No Man)
    I find chewing chewing gum helps.
    It actually does at first but then when I throw it I immediately feel even more hungry lol
    I once took a full pack of gum in 3 hours.
    OP, i understand very well what you're going through

ReputationRep:
    I used to feel like that as well....then one day decided not to feel like that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boromir9111)
    I used to feel like that as well....then one day decided not to feel like that
    YOU MUST BE A GENIUS THEN !!

The worse thing is while im eating i dont feel like im eatin?? I look at my plate and I go like - No way?!? did I seriously eat all that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HIMYM)

Most of the time I stop eating because I feel that " i've eaten enough food for now" but am still hungry!!!

Fortunately i'm an not fat, but I feel that i am pulling on weight, and this food addiction drives me crazy!!

More info : The worse thing is while im eating i dont feel like im eatin!! I look at my plate and I go like - No way?!? did I seriously eat all that?
    Are you a teenager? I'm a teenager and I eat loads, I'm not fat either lol, it's just part of growing I guess, as myself and my friends are all the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HIMYM)

What kind of food are you eating?

ReputationRep:
    I suffer from an eating disorder that gives me a mental "cap" of 1500 calories a day. In about 2 years, I have never went over that number, just because of this stupid disorder.

A "trick" I learned is, if you know you have certain "trigger times", like when you're studying, figure out how to skew your intake until that point. So, if you're planning on going nuts and eating two big bowls of cereal in a row or something as a snack, why not 'factor it in' to your own 'calorie cap'?

It's clearly damaging in my scenario, but in yours it sounds like adding even just a reasonable limit (ie, 2000-2200kcal per day) that you CANNOT break will help you structure your food a little better and allow you those treats you want, and allow you to enjoy them even more by anticipating them at your "treat time".

I'm by no means condoning you structure things to such a ridiculous agenda as I do, but it may help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AshleyT)
    What kind of food are you eating?
    Breakfast : cereals
    Lunch: salad, usually meat or chicken , and vegetables or rice or the likes.
    Dinner: toats, cereals, soup or sandwich ..... or like lunch

(Original post by TotoMimo)
    I suffer from an eating disorder that gives me a mental "cap" of 1500 calories a day. In about 2 years, I have never went over that number, just because of this stupid disorder.

A "trick" I learned is, if you know you have certain "trigger times", like when you're studying, figure out how to skew your intake until that point. So, if you're planning on going nuts and eating two big bowls of cereal in a row or something as a snack, why not 'factor it in' to your own 'calorie cap'?

It's clearly damaging in my scenario, but in yours it sounds like adding even just a reasonable limit (ie, 2000-2200kcal per day) that you CANNOT break will help you structure your food a little better and allow you those treats you want, and allow you to enjoy them even more by anticipating them at your "treat time".

I'm by no means condoning you structure things to such a ridiculous agenda as I do, but it may help.
    I used to write it down on a paper but i even cheat myself !!
    yesterday I had a full pack of gum in 1 hour !!
    When im hungry i sometimes brush my teeth and that relieves my hunger for 30min or so.
    But i never get full !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HIMYM)
    Breakfast : cereals
    Lunch: salad, usually meat or chicken , and vegetables or rice or the likes.
    Dinner: toats, cereals, soup or sandwich ..... or like lunch

I used to write it down on a paper but i even cheat myself !!
    yesterday I had a full pack of gum in 1 hour !!
    When im hungry i sometimes brush my teeth and that relieves my hunger for 30min or so.
    But i never get full !!
    Doesn't seem very sustaining tbh...i found i was always huingry until once i had a massssive curry and wasnt hungry for about 4-5 hours.

OP try working out, you never feel like eating too much after a workout. You have to drink lots of water during it too lol, that will make you feel less hungry.

ReputationRep:
      I'm just like this. I cook myself massive portions at uni and I didn't realise how big they were until my Dad cooked food for three of us and it was as much as I would have on my own.

I allow myself to eat loads though, I just ensure I eat healthy stuff. I also drink a lot of green tea to take off the hunger e.g. I have a cup tea instead of having a bowl of cereal.

Also I find a big bowl of porridge in the morning keeps me from being hungry way past lunchtime.

To be honest, there's nothing wrong with it if you're not fat. Just do a lot of exercise, I've now got into the habit of going for jogs regularly and I put on no weight even though I'm eating like twice as much as everyone in my flat.

ReputationRep:
      I've been like this lately, I've been pretty chubby my whole life. Especially since I found the pub, always got loads of excercise and ate a better diet than most thin people but really I've never been skinny.
      But I've been eating so much more and losing weight strangely enough.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.