Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Biggest moments/events in 2010 Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing a quiz for New Years Eve and I want it to be all about 2010 and what has happened during the year.

But I need a little help, what are the biggest events/moments in your opinion that have happened during the year that I could ask questions about.

I'd really appreciate any help with this

ReputationRep:
    Avatar's huge success at the cinema. There was a huge ash cloud over the country for a couple of days. Big Brother got sacked. A coalition government came into power. We found out that Matt Cardle has got the X Factor and the England football team has got the **** Factor. :fatcontroller:

ReputationRep:
    "bigoted women"

ReputationRep:
    Dirty Moneys last show at The Underworld.

Nick Clegg selling out.

Iceland single handedly ****ing over the planets airways.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unknownking321)
    Avatar's huge success at the cinema. There was a huge ash cloud over the country for a couple of days. Big Brother got sacked. A coalition government came into power. We found out that Matt Cardle has got the X Factor and the English football team has got the **** Factor. :fatcontroller:
    This :yes: I tried to +rep you, but it wouldn't let me

ALSO this year..... Prince William & Kate Middleton announce their engagement, loads of celebrities have cheated this year (Vernon Kay, Mark Owen, Peter Crouch, etc..) Katie Price and Alex Reid get married in Vegas. Cheryl Cole gets divorced? and gets malaria? Coronation Street's 50th birthday. Eastenders 25th birthday (was that this year?)

ReputationRep:
    I turned 20.

On a serious note, coalition government, tuition fees being trebled, world cup (flop), royal engagement, can't think of any more atm.

ReputationRep:
    The volcano Ejafajallajokul erupted! (I think thats how it spelt, I did know for my geography exam in summer but it never even came up in the exam paper). Try and get people to name it or if you're feeling evil, spell it!!

ReputationRep:
    also, Simon Cowell makes millions yet again through X Factor, Take That reform (fully), loads of floods this summer, BGT gets new judges....

ReputationRep:
    The snow now and the snow in January :P

ReputationRep:
    The Chilean miners.

For a possible sports round, you could mention Rooney wanting to leave Man United then changing his mind in the space of a week.

EDIT: Sorry pissy Man United fans (who I am one of), I only stated the truth about the Rooney situation. Unless the neg was from someone who is offended by the mention of foreign people who work underground.

ReputationRep:
    Wikileaks :borat:, World Cup, Chilean Miners...

ReputationRep:
    Luis Suarez's handball :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all the replies everybody, really useful, need 50 questions though, so if anyone can think of anymore events I'd appreciate it

ReputationRep:
    The scrapping of the HMS Ark Royal and Sea Harrier fleet perhapps?

ReputationRep:
    GMTV being taken off the air, and Daybreak replacing it.

ReputationRep:
    wasn't there some riot recently? (i don't watch the news)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dr2012)
    I'm doing a quiz for New Years Eve and I want it to be all about 2010 and what has happened during the year.

But I need a little help, what are the biggest events/moments in your opinion that have happened during the year that I could ask questions about.

I'd really appreciate any help with this
    * FIFA World Cup 2010
    * Chilean miners rescue

ReputationRep:
    haiti earthquake?

ReputationRep:
    - World Cup
    - Wimbledon (the longest match in history)
    - Haiti earthquake
    - That bloody volcano!
    - Uk win a gold at winter olympics (skeleton)
    - Chilean miners
    - Fashon designer alexander mcqueen death
    - US gulf oil spill
    - Tiger woods affairs exposed (ok started in 09 but went onto early 10)
    - iPad released

ReputationRep:
    England's massive fail June 2010

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 20, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.