The Student Room Group

Inverse snobbery against conservatives...

Does this make anyone else laugh? People who look down upon the rich and demand/expect them to give them money. What a way to make vent their jealousy and put the rich down, in order to make themselves feel better.

Makes me laugh everytime.
Reply 1
Just remember that Conservative supporter != rich. I am Conservative, I come from a low income family.
Original post by fran.ha
Just remember that Conservative supporter != rich. I am Conservative, I come from a low income family.

Very true, not all are, but a vast majority are.
Why have you jumbled together lots of different token complaints?

Just pick the one you want.
Original post by morecambebay
Why have you jumbled together lots of different token complaints?

Just pick the one you want.

Too add things to discuss, bro.
Original post by my_username_was_taken
Too add things to discuss, bro.

Trolling more like.
Reply 6

According to what source? Or are you just being presumptuous?

I highly doubt the majority of the 10 million who voted for them this year are 'rich' - middle class, probably, but not 'rich'.
Reply 7

Nope. A very tiny portion of the UK's population hold the most wealth. The rest are generally working class and a much smaller amount being middle class. Considering the conservatives are in power right now then obviously they got the most of their votes from people that are from less privilleged backgrounds rather than these millionaire tycoons you hear about. When you have newspapers like 'The Sun' preaching conservatism the party suddenly becomes a lot more accessible to those from the working class as it's generally read by them.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 8
Does this make anyone else laugh? People who look down upon the rich and demand/expect them to give them money. What a way to make vent their jealousy and put the rich down, in order to make themselves feel better.

Makes me laugh everytime.

Arguably you could argue the opposite i.e rich people look down on the poor and think they are better than then for blah blah blah and so on.......

People are ignorant ***** whether rich or poor.
Reply 9
one two three four i declare a class war
Reply 10
No, it certainly isn't. I deplore the Conservative Party and everything they stand for because I believe in fairness and social justice, and these are two things the Conservatives' policies actively work against. Remember that some illustrious left-wingers such as my hero Tony Benn have come from upper-class families, so it is rather arrogant to presume all upper-class people support the Conservatives. Admittedly, I know few working-class people stupid enough to vote for a party which hates them but party politics is Britain has partially moved beyond class - that is the problem.

Nobody who wants a better society for everyone could possibly wish to associate wish a nasty, decrepit organisation like the Conservative Party, regardless of their social background. To refer to your opponents as 'inverse snobs' shows the sort of ignorance about the lives of the majority of people that has plagued the Tories for their history.

It is not bitter to want a better life.
Original post by mellie220
According to what source? Or are you just being presumptuous?

I highly doubt the majority of the 10 million who voted for them this year are 'rich' - middle class, probably, but not 'rich'.

Middle class are well off. They are farr richer than a vast amount in this country. Why would you vote for conservatives if you were poor? Unless you were extremely dumb. Lets vote for a party which will take away our EMA and benefits so we are worse off! Sounds like a plan! Who would disadvantage themselves like that unless they were silly?

Why would you vote for a party that will not serve in your interest? Goes against human instinct...
What makes you middle class. What is the criteria?

A lot of people say these days there is the upper class, middle class and the benefit class????

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending