The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Accomodation at Imperial

Scroll to see replies

Reply 480
Original post by innerhollow
AFAIK all the departments apart from Medicine are based in the main South Kensington campus, so there won't be any halls that are specifically close to the Engineering department.

This is Imperial after all. The only people that go there are engineers, scientists and medics, so I assure you that you won't have any trouble finding engineers.

actually..i would prefer if my halls had people not from my course
does that mean the medics have different halls?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by tahabutt
actually..i would prefer if my halls had people not from my course

There's loads of different Engineering courses at Imperial you know.

does that mean the medics have different halls?

No they don't have different halls.
Reply 482
Original post by Pretence
yes although if u live on 3rd floor, it is a trek to a kitchen as there are no lifts.

imo its a huuge journey to uni (im ridiculously lazy), depends if u like cycling/walking through hyde park. ^

otherwise its defo recommended ^^^

no lifts?? imagine carrying all ur luggage up three flights of stairs.... i would def break my back....

apart from that... do the ensuite rooms include showers and toilet or just the shower???
Reply 483
Original post by xx_At
no lifts?? imagine carrying all ur luggage up three flights of stairs.... i would def break my back....

apart from that... do the ensuite rooms include showers and toilet or just the shower???

Er... Just how much are you expecting to bring with you?

My mum is expecting me to get the train.
Reply 484
Original post by xx_At

lol dont bring so much then... -_-"

erm most have shower and toilet as far as im aware unless u get unlucky.
Anyone still not got an E-mail?
Original post by Acta Non Verba

I don't think they even started sending them out.
Reply 487

They don't send them out until the end of May.
I AM SILLY.

There I was panicking for no reason. Thanks for telling me.
Reply 489
I AM SILLY.

There I was panicking for no reason. Thanks for telling me.

No problem :smile:. Don't worry unless it's June and still nothing.
Hey guys!

I had put "living at home" on my UCAS but I changed my mind more recently. Is it still possible to get imperial the change this (seeing as how they provide all first years with accommodation)? Or do they send letter of accommodation to everyone
Reply 491
Original post by zazamak
Hey guys!

I had put "living at home" on my UCAS but I changed my mind more recently. Is it still possible to get imperial the change this (seeing as how they provide all first years with accommodation)? Or do they send letter of accommodation to everyone

I'm sorry but I don't know for sure. I think they do email it to everyone. But I think you should email the accommodation guys and ask. I'm sure if you were to inform them that you do require accommodation now that they would be able to sort that out for you.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 492
Original post by zazamak

I did the same thing too and i emailed them to tell them my situation and they replied back,

"Even if you state "Living at Home" on your UCAS form we will still email you an application. The accommodation applications will be sent in May by email"
Reply 493
Can people going to Imperial the end of this year apply for Intercollegiate Halls?
Reply 494
Original post by Han4492
Can people going to Imperial the end of this year apply for Intercollegiate Halls?

You can't apply to intercollegiate halls because Imperial is no longer part of the University of London. You can only apply for Imperial's own halls.
Reply 495
hey guys has any of you recieved the accommodation email/letter yet? cause I have nothing..
Reply 496
Original post by mitali_x
hey guys has any of you recieved the accommodation email/letter yet? cause I have nothing..

It isn't due to arrive until the end of May. So don't worry!
It's so late... I want my email now so I can get it out of the way, what's the hold up for xD!??!
Reply 498
Original post by ViralRiver
It's so late... I want my email now so I can get it out of the way, what's the hold up for xD!??!

It's not late. It says on the website the end of May. So chill. Although it is kind of annoying I guess. Especially if you firmed a while back.
I mean late compared to other universities :P - Surrey sent theirs out a couple months ago. No reason to keep us waiting :r .

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending