The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Accomodation at Imperial

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nikita_atikin
Defo going Wilkinson and Gabor then (Gaybar is NOT the pronounciation :mad:)
I'll look into Wilson but it is a bit annoying the way it's on the other side of Hyde Park. I don't imagine myself walking through Hyde Park late at night :ninja: I'm a girl afterall. :ninja: I will look into it though. Keogh sounds cosy but seriously, 28 people everyday for a year. Nein, danke! :nothing:

Hyde Park closes at night, apparently. But I suppose that's why it's so close-knit - you do your own nights out rather than being sad and walking 50 yards to Eastside bar.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by AnythingButChardonnay
Hyde Park closes at night, apparently. But I suppose that's why it's so close-knit - you do your own nights out rather than being sad and walking 50 yards to Eastside bar.

Just saw Wilson Halls' rooms, they are ADORABLE. Wilson Halls' rooms have a wash basin as well which is good because I am a contact lens user so I need a wash basin. Initially I was thinking of twin ensuite but I might have a change of heart :heart:
Eastside twin ensuites are still the cutest though :love:
Put it down in special requirements. They will probably ask for medical proof though.

Yay! Chemistry!

My friend wants to know if you play Call of Duty!

Ahh how would I get medical proof? I suppose I could record myself and they would completely understand that sleeping in the same room would be torture.

Yes, Chemistry. Because I am very cool. :cool:

I DO play Call of Duty. :colone:
Reply 163
I think i'm gonna go for a single room at Beit hall or a twin room at Eastside. Wilson looks quite nice and it must be great cycling through hyde park to get to imperial especially during the summer. Plus the price is good.
Original post by LuckyBlueNinja
Ahh how would I get medical proof? I suppose I could record myself and they would completely understand that sleeping in the same room would be torture.

Yes, Chemistry. Because I am very cool. :cool:

I DO play Call of Duty. :colone:

I'm fairly sure you cannot get medical proof of sleep-talking. It's not even a pathological condition to begin with.

I have various sleeping difficulties too, so that will appear. It's very important to me that I get a single room, my roommate would not survive long if I had a twin room
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by innerhollow
I'm fairly sure you cannot get medical proof of sleep-talking. It's not even a pathological condition to begin with.

That's what I thought.

I could commute to Imperial (only 1 hour and a half travel) but I'd miss out on the nights out and there's no easier way to make friends than to give them a taste of my wondrous spaghetti bolognese. :wink:
Original post by innerhollow

I have various sleeping difficulties too, so that will appear. It's very important to me that I get a single room, my roommate would not survive long if I had a twin room

My parents told me that they think that's going to happen to me. :frown: But Ima be a rebel and get a twin room anyway.

Original post by Bintang
I think i'm gonna go for a single room at Beit hall or a twin room at Eastside. Wilson looks quite nice and it must be great cycling through hyde park to get to imperial especially during the summer. Plus the price is good.

Twin at Eastside bruvv!! :woo: I must say, Wilson is starting to look pretty nice actually. I'd like a single if I was at Wilson though but it would be nicer if it was closer to the university.
Original post by Bintang

Wilson is a great hall.. I am not there but some friends are and the distance is not far at all. I pretty fast pace it's 20mins and at a more casual speed 30mins.

It is definitely a good shout as it is all single rooms for really good price and it has a really goof atmosphere :smile:
Original post by bzzz
As long as we're confessing our deep, dark secret doubts about Imperial, I'm considering firming UCL instead... I'm a little scared about the "reputation" of Imperial and its students, plus the UCL course is apparently easier :frown:

My friends from UCL like it and I am happy at Imperial - so both are good choices but... don't worry ''reputation' of imperial and it's students'!

Yes you have to work hard. But the people I have met are 100% down to earth, fun and friendly. There are some slightly wierd people about but I'm sure all uni's would have that! Honestly.. nearly all the people here are great - not all nerds who don't leave their rooms!!
Isn't Wilson on the other bloody side of Hyde Park?

Yes, but that is only 25min walk away and Wilson ss a really good hall (as is WillisJackson/Holbein - which operate as one hall!)
Original post by nikita_atikin
I can imagine! Corridors etc aren't single sex, are they? And what are the bathrooms like? (for the non ensuite people) I mean how many people share them? Is it like a proper bathroom or is it loads of shower cubicles? Also do the standard rooms have wash basins? (I'm a contact lens wearer you see) And are the kitchens a bit of a food-steal fest? I know you get your own cupboard and fridge shelf thing. And are meal times fun? I mean do all the people sharing the kitchens sit down together and eat or do they just eat in their rooms? :s-smilie:
Sorry for the questions but nothing like getting answers from someone who experienced it first hand :tongue:

All the halls are different but in Holbein (which is linked with Willis Jackson - they're one hall really!) we have 4 per bathroom and it is one toilet/shower/sink - so 'proper bathroom' haha Most rooms seem to have sinks form what I've seen.

Kitchens here are small (4per kicthen) so not idea for social eating but if other people are around we'll eat together/eat together but in our rooms. and you can mix with people from other kicthens:smile:

- fridge between two people (same with freezor), own lockable cupboard) Food does get stolen which is VERY annoying :frown: but depends who you share the hall with I guess!

Hope that helps
Original post by Annabelle2M
My friends from UCL like it and I am happy at Imperial - so both are good choices but... don't worry ''reputation' of imperial and it's students'!

Yes you have to work hard. But the people I have met are 100% down to earth, fun and friendly. There are some slightly wierd people about but I'm sure all uni's would have that! Honestly.. nearly all the people here are great - not all nerds who don't leave their rooms!!

Ahh the bit about people being normal makes me feel soo good :smile: I'v firmed Imperial but to be honest the 'wierd people' mentality I was worried about, but by the sounds of it, it should be good fun :biggrin:
Original post by Annabelle2M

I'm curious...what exactly makes someone 'slightly weird' in your opinion?
Reply 173
is there any way i can specify my roommate in a twin room? my friend is also going to accept imperial as her firm...
Original post by do2puff
is there any way i can specify my roommate in a twin room? my friend is also going to accept imperial as her firm...

No they purposely mix you up so that you can make other friends (says so on the website) and don't get boxed in. Besides you don't actually want to stick with your old friends do you? :s-smilie:

Oh btw can you let me know when you do firm so I can add you to the list? :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 175
wats the boy:girl like for chem?
and whats the boy:girl like overall at icl?
Reply 176
Original post by mtwain93

The overall boy:girl ratio is around 65:35 I think. Not sure for specific courses.
Reply 177
Original post by do2puff

No. They mix you so you make new friends.
Reply 178
Original post by mtwain93

Original post by Zottula
The overall boy:girl ratio is around 65:35 I think. Not sure for specific courses.

Bio-related subjects tend to have a slightly higher ratio of girls to boys compared to the others. But again, no idea about specifics.
Reply 179
Original post by arianex
Bio-related subjects tend to have a slightly higher ratio of girls to boys compared to the others. But again, no idea about specifics.

Med is usually about 50:50; if not, it tends to be more girls than boys. I've heard Bio is similar, but not entirely sure.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending