Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    the deadline for procedures and apparatus needed is for tomorrow! i cannot find much help with what i want to do which is: the effect of common drugs on human digestive enzymes.

So far i want to use several types of digestive enzymes and measure the activity in how they digest their substrate as a control. The reoccuring problem i have is how do i know when the end point is reached? similarly with the presence of drugs i do not know if the end point is reached! and if that problem is resolved it seems a bit basic just to be measuring the activity of enzymes as a control, measure again with presence of a drug, and maybe repeat with another different type of drug but all thats happening is the enzyme digesting its specific substrate. Seeing other aims and procedures of different investigations are far more complicated and detailed!

Much appreciate your help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain127)
    the deadline for procedures and apparatus needed is for tomorrow! i cannot find much help with what i want to do which is: the effect of common drugs on human digestive enzymes.

So far i want to use several types of digestive enzymes and measure the activity in how they digest their substrate as a control. The reoccuring problem i have is how do i know when the end point is reached? similarly with the presence of drugs i do not know if the end point is reached! and if that problem is resolved it seems a bit basic just to be measuring the activity of enzymes as a control, measure again with presence of a drug, and maybe repeat with another different type of drug but all thats happening is the enzyme digesting its specific substrate. Seeing other aims and procedures of different investigations are far more complicated and detailed!

Much appreciate your help!
    Well I suppose you could use starch to detect the end-point of an amylase reaction.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.