Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What are girls holidays about? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm male so obviously wouldn't go on one - but lots of women often say they're going on a 'girls holiday'.

You get things like adventure holidays, family holidays, island-hopping holidays, endurance holidays, riding holidays, city break holidays, beach holidays, sightseeing holidays, historic tour holidays etc, foodies holidays, and it seems quite obvious what the content of each one of those ones are.

But what activities are actually on 'girls' holidays'. Is it like just girly stuff like fashion trips, make-up testing, dressing up and sunbathing or is there any sports/sightseeing? And where do these people usually go?

I'm guessing Milan, Paris and Dubai are the top destinations (especially the latter because it's big on fashion and also beaches for sunbathing).

Has anyone here been on a girls holiday? And what was the most interesting activity you did?

ReputationRep:
    bumpy

ReputationRep:
    getting pissed in another country

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rzc)
    getting pissed in another country
    Lol no - I asked about 'girls holidays'. Not 'drinking holidays'.

ReputationRep:
    Gangbangs

ReputationRep:
    Tanning. Ugh.

ReputationRep:
    You have too many specific holidays in your mind.
    Depends what you and your close friends are into, usually sunbathing, partying, swimming and checking the place out.....its just a holiday like any other just with your friends with no pressure to do stuff you'd have to with other people.
    I don't see the confusion.

ReputationRep:
    Again, getting pissed abroad combined with sex and sunbathing. Female equivalent of lads holiday :/

I don't know what sort of girls you associate with, but I've never heard of a girls holiday to Dubai ...I thought everyone just went to Magaluf...*shrugs*

ReputationRep:
    Having sexual intercourse with foreign men.

ReputationRep:
    Its all about getting naked, rubbing tanning oil on each other and having pillow fights in the hotel room.

On a serious note, Foam parties in foreign countries, pulling hot tanned men, tanning and drinking cocktails at midday.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going on a girls holiday next year. :awesome: (A few lads are tagging along though :ninja:)

We're going to sunbathe, get pissed, pull foreign men etc etc. They're essentially normal holidays, except you're with your favourite girls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lechaton-x)
    Again, getting pissed abroad combined with sex and sunbathing. Female equivalent of lads holiday :/

I don't know what sort of girls you associate with, but I've never heard of a girls holiday to Dubai ...I thought everyone just went to Magaluf...*shrugs*
    Isn't Dubai a really fashion-conscious and trendy place though with good beaches, bars and outlets. Maybe Milan?

Which are the really popular destinations?

ReputationRep:
    Girls Holiday = Getting pissed, shopping, getting a tan, *****ing about men, ****ing men etc..

ReputationRep:
    I went to Bulgaria with my two best friends for a week.. it was basically sunbathing, beach, enjoying unlimited free alchohol where the barmen filled more of the glass with vodka than mixer.. :unsure: sightseeing, and just relaxing really

ReputationRep:
    They are the same as lads holidays haha
    Come on, what do you think women are????? Saints?

ReputationRep:
    What are the most popular destinations though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by effofex)
    I'm male so obviously wouldn't go on one - but lots of women often say they're going on a 'girls holiday'.

You get things like adventure holidays, family holidays, island-hopping holidays, endurance holidays, riding holidays, city break holidays, beach holidays, sightseeing holidays, historic tour holidays etc, foodies holidays, and it seems quite obvious what the content of each one of those ones are.

But what activities are actually on 'girls' holidays'. Is it like just girly stuff like fashion trips, make-up testing, dressing up and sunbathing or is there any sports/sightseeing? And where do these people usually go?

I'm guessing Milan, Paris and Dubai are the top destinations (especially the latter because it's big on fashion and also beaches for sunbathing).

Has anyone here been on a girls holiday? And what was the most interesting activity you did?
    Well me and my girly mates went on a european road trip this summer gone. 5 cars, 36 days - cover as many countries as possible.
    Our trip incorporated a bit of everything - nightlife, beaches, historics, sightseeing and walking/backpacking.
    Even relationships, as one of my mates met her current bf out there,. the rest of us had a fling (or two).

Best time was unexpectedly in eithe Polask, Belarussia or Kiev, Ukraine.

ReputationRep:
    Isn't Dubai a really fashion-conscious and trendy place though with good beaches, bars and outlets. Maybe Milan?

Have you ever actually been to Milanor Dubai , fella?

Milan is a dump. Think concrete construction site meets industrial estate. The only upside is the top quality public transport... so you can get out of there quicker.

Dubai isn't fashion-conscious, it's a tax haven and it's falling apart. Drinking and boisterous behaviour are not wise there, the strict regime will come down on you like a tonne of bricks.

I've been to both for work many times in the past. I'd never go to either for pleasure.

ReputationRep:
    Lol no - I asked about 'girls holidays'. Not 'drinking holidays'.
    they are basically the same, think "lads holiday" but for girls insted

you seem to be missing the point, she did actually say she thought most people just went to magaluf or somewhere..

(Original post by arichmond64)
    They are the same as lads holidays haha
    Come on, what do you think women are????? Saints?
    this this and this
    What are the most popular destinations though?
    somewhere cheap since you can get drunk have fun with your friends and find men pretty much anywhere. so somewhere cheap and warm
    • PS Helper
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Well I went to malia last year but that wasn't a girls holiday, it was a mix. But basically we'd have done the same thing whether or not the boys were there. Lying by the pool, jumping in when it's too hot. And drinking cocktails

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.