Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi I hope to attend LSE next year as I have already sent of my ucas application and I was wandering if you guys thought i had any chance because I have been reading what some others have been saying they have got at GCSE and its really starting to worry me.

at gcse
    english language E
    mathematics D
    science double FF
    travel and tourism pass
    digital applications pass
    by the way this was in 2007

since then I have taken time off and last year I sat the adult literacy and adult numeracy tests and passed both and I am now in college studying for an OCR level 3 business. now the maximum grade i can get from this is a merit and I have done a certificate in financial studies (got a B) and i am also doing a diploma in financial studies.

now 2 month ago I decided to sign up to do 3 A-levels through ICS home learning. the courses I chose are English language, Maths and Economics and I am proud to say I have sat some exams and my predicted grade for all 3 is A* and i will be sitting AS and A2 exams in June 2011.

I have applied to study BSc Economics L101.

so what do you think my odds are?

ReputationRep:
    do not feed the troll

"I make my own luck"
      - Harvey Dent

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
      yes im serious, gcses from that will be 4 years old when starting uni cant be that important

ReputationRep:
      LOL. That is all.

OK, not quite all... even if you are serious, it makes no difference anyway, seeing as you've already applied either you'll get an offer or you won't - this entire topic is pointless.

ReputationRep:
      lol no

ReputationRep:
      I'm afraid your chances are close to zero, to be frank. Regardless of your competition (who will literally have near-impeccable applications), I don't think your academic achievement to date provides enough evidence that you'd be able to handle L101 at LSE. There are people who were high-flying geniuses for their schools/regions who struggle.

Sorry, but you've posted asking for honest opinion.
      • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
      If this is a troll, in what way it is funny?

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.