Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

GUYS - how would you like a girl to ask you out? Watch

Announcements

Right, so there's this guy at work I don't know very well, but I would like to get to know him a bit better by meeting a few times outside of work.

Really shy and not sure how to ask him - so guys, how would you like to be asked in this situation?

I don't mean as in 'will you go out with me', I mean, just to take things one step further to get to know him better.

serious answers only please... come on, I know there are enough single guys on here that have thought about it before

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if serious?

/reaction

In all seriousness though? I'd probably wet my panties if that happened. (:

ReputationRep:
    How would I like a girl to ask me out?

Naked.

ReputationRep:
    yes why not, in fact I would say it's a very nice thing to happen. If you're a little shy to say directly you could play games to see how he feels about you, so in the end he sort of asks you how you feel, so..you are technically asking him out but he instigates the question.

ReputationRep:
    the title is asking how to ask him out but then you say you don't want to ask him out i'm confused

ReputationRep:
    also it is pretty easy to ask them out just say "do you want to go for a drink with me"

I actually meant, what would you want her to say to you, not whether you would like it or not
    also... how unattractive would she have to be for you to say 'no'?

i don't think i'm unattractive, but we all have moments of insecurity...

ReputationRep:
    Something simple like "would you like to go out for coffee sometime" would do me.

ReputationRep:
    What are you doing later? Would you like to come home with me/ Would you like to come to my house and watch"this new film" lol

Nah reallly I dunno something too "datelike" would be weird.

ReputationRep:
    ask him to join you for coffee at lunch or something, do it quite subtly without so as to draw no suspicion from him. spent you work breaks with him a bit, this will give ample time for you to develop an organic conversation.

act along those lines and you'll probably get to like you.

But if all attempts fail, pull out your W.M.S (weapons of male seduction)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Right, so there's this guy at work I don't know very well, but I would like to get to know him a bit better by meeting a few times outside of work.

Really shy and not sure how to ask him - so guys, how would you like to be asked in this situation?

I don't mean as in 'will you go out with me', I mean, just to take things one step further to get to know him better.

serious answers only please... come on, I know there are enough single guys on here that have thought about it before
    I'd like a girl to ask me out in the same way I ask them out....i.e. being honest, upfront and direct that she finds me attractive and wants to get to know me. I don't 'beat around the bush' or play games when I ask a girl out...I get right to the point, and that is how I'd like a girl to ask me out if it was to happen.

That's all you have to do. Tell him you are attracted to him and ask him if he'd be interested in meeting up for a cup of coffee so you can get to know each other better. That's all there is to it. There is no great mystery to asking someone out.

By being upfront and honest about the fact that you're attracted to someone, you get the other person to reveal their true feelings towards you too, so it is best all round. You don't waste time when you're straightforwardly honest with people; you can move on if they're not interested, and if they are interested you can get together.

Be respectful if he's not interested, and if he is interested then good luck.

ReputationRep:
    I prefer it if she would just dial my number and ask me.. QED.

ReputationRep:
    Would you like to get some coffee after work? He's not gonna say no to that, even if it is just out of politeness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

I'm not a guy..but you could start of by:

(assuming you've taked to him before)..what are you doing/where are you going for lunch today? Oh yeah.. i really like their ..........might go there too. Do you want to go there together?/ or he'll probably even ask/wait for you to go with him if you're both on lunch together.

Talk in lunch... ask him what he's doing over the weekend, get to know him more, and start showing you're interested..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanNature1992)
    Would you like to get some coffee after work? He's not gonna say no to that, even if it is just out of politeness.
    This.

ReputationRep:
    depends on the guy I guess. I asked out a guy by literally saying "hey, fancy going out?" and he said no within nano seconds. I brought it up in conversation recently and he said he didn't like the girl having power and taking lead.

ReputationRep:
    I'd like her to throw rocks at my bedroom window to wake me up and then I go to the window and she's written 'will you got out with me' in fire on my lawn.

I would say yes because girls with confidence are awesome

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jenny.chu)
    depends on the guy I guess. I asked out a guy by literally saying "hey, fancy going out?" and he said no within nano seconds. I brought it up in conversation recently and he said he didn't like the girl having power and taking lead.
    That's a shame cause I would've said yes to you in nano-seconds.

ReputationRep:
    I would refuse, as it would get in the way of my perfect relationship between God

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 20, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.