Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Letter to your younger self. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Say you could write a letter now, with all your wisdom, knowledge, experience and hindsight. Pick an age and dispense this advice.

Mine: age 11
    Your secondary school is actual ****. You have ambitions and goals you want to achieve. I know it's difficult but find a way to escape. There are bursaries and scholarships available.
    Be nice to your mum. I know you are really upset that she keeps calling you "evil" and "vile" but at the end of the day she has the money and power. Also, do not accept your dad hitting you. Break off any contact with him now. He will never help you or amount to anything.
    You'll have some good and bad friends. Finding out who is who is your own quest. But really don't let them dictate what you do with your life. Also, don't get hung up about 'fitting in'. People who are 'cool' now die age 18 of drug overdose/are in prison/have babies etc.
    Being bullied is NOT your fault. Make a massive fuss (but hopefully you won't be at that school anyway)
    Eat healthily. Be confident, nobody is inherently 'better' than you. Buy stocks in Tesco.

Yours sincerely,
    you aged 18!!

OK, now all of you go!!!

You so stole this idea from Stephen Fry.

ReputationRep:
      Dear My Younger Self
      Kill them all
      Sincerely, yourself

ReputationRep:
      He's not real! :sad:

ReputationRep:
      Dear Dan,

Practise your footballing skills....

Pick the numbers 9 21 35 38 46 49 40 for the lottery draw on Saturday 18th Dec 2010

ReputationRep:
      Mine age 11/12 ,
      1)!Don't be a shy *******,
      2)Get into a football team thats good rather then being in a team because your friends are in it(Probably a result of one)
      3)Don't be a to picky when it comes to girls ( the nicest girls are pricks and the average ones are great people )

ReputationRep:
      Dear Lesbo (2003)

Jade Goody does eventually die

L

ReputationRep:
      Me younger self

That snow was yellow for a reason.....

ReputationRep:
      Age 12:

Don't chuck out all those black clothes thinking you're going to dress normal now. You'll really miss that black skirt, and anyway, you'll only last a few years in hoodies and jeans before you start craving your band t-shirts.

Sincerly,
      You, aged 16.

ReputationRep:
      No Chance @ 10,

You're bloody awesome, man. Chin up. They're all lying about their pubes. You will get kissed and cuddled, you won't go to Hogwarts, you know that already but really you should stop learning incantations. Do not google goatse when prompted, or delete system32. And yeah, it all works out well, don't worry.

Sincerely,
      No Chance @ 20

ReputationRep:
      hmmmmm....I like this idea very much......

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
      You so stole this idea from Stephen Fry.
      Your sig, the writing part that is lol is a soooo "true dat" comment :yes:

ReputationRep:

Listen up. **** you. **** your hopes, your dreams and everything you thought this life was going to bring you.

Just enjoy the lulz.

________________________________ __

Hey what's up man. I hope I'm alive. Have you finally got the bachelor pad sorted? I bet you're ****ing loads of *****es right now. I really hope you haven't been an idiot and gotten some ***** pregnant. Stay awesome dude. Oh btw, have the blue prints for world domination been futher developed?

ReputationRep:
      Dear My Younger Self
      Your stepdad and stepbrother are pretty nice guys, give them a chance.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Billydodger)
      Say you could write a letter now, with all your wisdom, knowledge, experience and hindsight. Pick an age and dispense this advice.

Mine: age 11
      Your secondary school is actual ****. You have ambitions and goals you want to achieve. I know it's difficult but find a way to escape. There are bursaries and scholarships available.
      Be nice to your mum. I know you are really upset that she keeps calling you "evil" and "vile" but at the end of the day she has the money and power. Also, do not accept your dad hitting you. Break off any contact with him now. He will never help you or amount to anything.
      You'll have some good and bad friends. Finding out who is who is your own quest. But really don't let them dictate what you do with your life. Also, don't get hung up about 'fitting in'. People who are 'cool' now die age 18 of drug overdose/are in prison/have babies etc.
      Being bullied is NOT your fault. Make a massive fuss (but hopefully you won't be at that school anyway)
      Eat healthily. Be confident, nobody is inherently 'better' than you. Buy stocks in Tesco.

Yours sincerely,
      you aged 18!!

OK, now all of you go!!!
      Hmmmm..... I like this!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Yawn11)

Listen up. **** you. **** your hopes, your dreams and everything you thought this life was going to bring you.

Just enjoy the lulz.
      Dittoed

ReputationRep:

Do not procrastinate in college! :angry:.

ReputationRep:
      Dear lella_m

For the love of God, please stay away from www.thestudentroom.co.uk.

Yours sincerely,

lella_m

Okay, here's one for me (eleven years old):

Dear Me,

You're going to high school, where you might well continue to be bullied for being what you are, for another five years. Don't let them get you down, you will grow to be something, and eventually your peers will grow to respect you.

But don't do anything differently to how you might have done it if I hadn't sent you this letter: for that reason, I'm giving you no advise whatsoever. Your life will turn out okay in the end, even though you'll have to go through the mill in order to get there.

Sincerely: You, ten years later.
        I did one of these to be sent to myself a while ago - I was seventeen at the time, and it arrived on my twenty-first. When I received that, I sent another to arrive on my thirty-fifth.

ReputationRep:
        Me aged 16,

Take a multi, keep lifting heavy, stop doing leg presses and squat, squat, squat. Overhead presses/ squats/ db presses/ weighted pullups and dips/ rows are some of the best exercises. Do interval training; read bodybuilding.com. Keep a workout journal, plan your routine - plan your diet, you can't get away without a diet journal. Calories do matter. Stop eating junk. Do P90X for lols.

Go to the docs and get prescribed antibiotics for your acne - it'll clear it up. Use crestwhitestrips for white teeth.

Stop fapping. It wastes your energy - instead of wasting your time in your head go out and chat up girls. Make eye contact and learn its value - its so important; look at a girl's eyes, then down to her lips, then back to her eyes. Stop making her do all the work - she won't - take the initiative. Tease girls, flirt, make fun of them. Rejection doesn't matter - it's one step closer to success. David D's stuff - the spam emailer - actually works; torrent his book and look at some other stuff - don't get too obsessed, there are no real answers better than your own experience. Don't be insecure - you're very good looking - you don't need validation for it.

Wear a lot of fitted black stuff like v neck t shirts - they suit you - avoid shirts especially generic white ones. Wear bracelets, and a necklace. Buy jeans from diesel. Grow out your hair - don't use gel. Buy a set of straighteners - it's not gay if your hair looks super cool!

Work, work, work - tv/online movies/shows/forums don't get you anywhere and are just a waste of your time - read, read, read. Revise what you read constantly so you have it in your head.

Do what you like, not what you think you should like. Don't act out for your future career - take English or History for your degree, not Law - the end result is much the same. You will never earn as much as you think you will - lawyers don't earn that much - tax is 40% over 36 odd k, 50% over 150k - do the maths, you will never earn that much to justify the loss of your life. Don't be a money obsessed 18 year old. Apply to university the first time round - not on your gap year.

Don't change schools at 16. Don't listen to your mum - find a way of not changing.

Oh...and:

Wear sunscreen.

yours,

a me in your 20s.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      What newspaper do you read/prefer?
      Useful resources
      AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.