Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Idiot drivers in the snow Watch

• TSR Support Team

Why is it that people have to speed in icy conditions, I had a situation tonight where I was going quite slowly because of the bad conditions and this prat behind me starting flashing his lights at me and shaking his fist, all because he couldn't over take with the amount of ice and snow in the middle of the road, just why?

(Original post by Rock Fan)
      Why is it that people have to speed in icy conditions, I had a situation tonight where I was going quite slowly because of the bad conditions and this prat behind me starting flashing his lights at me and shaking his fist, all because he couldn't over take with the amount of ice and snow in the middle of the road, just why?
      Because some people are total *****.

ReputationRep:
      What's annoying me more at the moment is the fact that pedestrians think it's okay to walk in the middle of the road just because there's snow on it.. and not even move to the side when I'm trying to get past them!
      • TSR Support Team

(Original post by Genocidal)
      Because some people are total *****.
      Best way to put it

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Rock Fan)
      Cause some people are total *****, i was stuck behind a car that tryed to park his car in a tight spot where his car obviously couldnt fit in some bmw rear wheel business man type cars, then he tryed to find a different spot but his rear wheels jammed, and he had to dig the area around his rear wheel, 1) he was taking his god dam time and people behind me were honking and the guy just took longer 2) their was a passenger in his car he could of pushed and the car would of moved of, fukin moron wasting 10 minutes of my time.

(Original post by Gemma :)!)
      What's annoying me more at the moment is the fact that pedestrians think it's okay to walk in the middle of the road just because there's snow on it.. and not even move to the side when I'm trying to get past them!
      Hahaha i know the feeling, i just gave it lots of revs and initiated wheel spin the car slided a bit and they legged it to the pavement.

Gotta love drifting un-intensionally then panicking a bit in the snow when their isnt other cars / parked cars around.

ReputationRep:
      Some people are either idiots, inexperienced, or both.
      i saw someone slam their brakes on yesterday and they went flying. Crazy person.
      People skidding and panicking because they have forgotten that cars work best in 2nd gear -_-
      Gr!!

ReputationRep:
      Oh the joys of driving... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
      What a pussy for shaking his fist in the comfort of his car.

ReputationRep:
      Meh, people don't know how to drive in snow and ice and they don't have the tyres for it. All in all, a recipe for disaster.

ReputationRep:
      Shoulda got out the car and lamped him one son.

ReputationRep:
      The thing that annoys me is when people drive with a foot of snow on top of the car and like instead of clearing the snow they just make like the tiniest hole in the windscreen.
      when he snow is falling off on the motorway people behind can't see a thing.

ReputationRep:
      my current solution for the suicidal ice tailgaters is to slow to a crawl so they loose momentum, loose grip and just spin their wheels going nowhere then pull away back up to speed using my superior grip. The joys of 4wd. doing it on a slight slope is even funnier.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by warrenpenalver)
      my current solution for the suicidal ice tailgaters is to slow to a crawl so they loose momentum, loose grip and just spin their wheels going nowhere then pull away back up to speed using my superior grip. The joys of 4wd. doing it on a slight slope is even funnier.
      Is that your car, that Puma?

ReputationRep:
      yep

ReputationRep:
      yep
      but it says you are a male on your profile :confused:

ReputationRep:
      your point being?

ReputationRep:
      your point being?
      Simply that the extremely ladylike puma is generally regarded as the most ladylike of all the cars designed specifically for young ladies. As such the only people I know who drive such a ladylike model are generally young ladies. Hence my surprise that you appear not to be a young lady. Each to their own I suppose.

ReputationRep:
      Why didn't you pull over to let him past? The highway code still applies in the snow.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by MovingOn)
      Why didn't you pull over to let him past? The highway code still applies in the snow.
      Why didn't douchebag bmw driver wait until a suitable time to overtake?
      it might not of been suitable to pull over, especially in dangerous weather like this.
      (:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by DesignFreak)
      The thing that annoys me is when people drive with a foot of snow on top of the car and like instead of clearing the snow they just make like the tiniest hole in the windscreen.
      when he snow is falling off on the motorway people behind can't see a thing.
      A lot of people don't realise that doing that is actually illegal.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.