The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Manning-less Colts are just painful to watch so far :tongue:
Reply 2741
Steven Jackson best get playing again.
Reply 2742
Original post by Mufasaa
Steven Jackson best get playing again.

lol this busta has been getting injured every single season. i always passed up on him. I would try and trade him
Foster doing nothing, Ben as my QB in three leagues and I picked Charles high in two who I now have to replace with I have no idea who :frown:

At least I should be free on Sunday to field proper teams.

Any ideas who I should try and pick up instead of Charles?

In one I'm thinking of just going with more depth at WR for the W/R position and grabbing Washington.
Reply 2744
Original post by paddy__power
Foster doing nothing, Ben as my QB in three leagues and I picked Charles high in two who I now have to replace with I have no idea who :frown:

In one I'm thinking of just going with more depth at WR for the W/R position and grabbing Washington.

Depends on who's available in your league. I, too, picked up Nate Washington because he's been consistent in his first 2 games, bound for a TD real soon, and is the number 2 wideout for Ten; plus Hasselbeck (sp?) likes to air it out.
Reply 2745
Original post by David22
lol this busta has been getting injured every single season. i always passed up on him. I would try and trade him

The most games he's ever missed in a season is 4, and in the last 2 seasons he played all the matches. :K:

He's not being traded.
Reply 2746

It's a 20 person league, you likely won't get anyone unfortunately.
Original post by David22
Depends on who's available in your league. I, too, picked up Nate Washington because he's been consistent in his first 2 games, bound for a TD real soon, and is the number 2 wideout for Ten; plus Hasselbeck (sp?) likes to air it out.

I have him as my backup QB and I think he is expected more points then Ben :facepalm2:

I may grab a player likely to see more work now he is injured but either way I have to pick soon. I am also out again tomorrow so have to hope lots of things don't change. I'm probably going to take another chance on Foster as I don't have much else to do.
Original post by Mufasaa
It's a 20 person league, you likely won't get anyone unfortunately.

Nobody excellent, no. But I need to try and pick somebody who may provide some sort of reasonable cover as obviously I have promoted other people to the starting line up now.
Reply 2749
Nobody excellent, no. But I need to try and pick somebody who may provide some sort of reasonable cover as obviously I have promoted other people to the starting line up now.

True, try looking for players who play on teams with a bunch of injuries, they're your best bet.
Original post by Mufasaa
True, try looking for players who play on teams with a bunch of injuries, they're your best bet.

One of my teams has like seven players as O or DNP etc. :facepalm2:

I will sort it out in a bit. It isn't pressing as I won't be playing whoever I pick up this week anyway.
Been really lazy this year. Not paying enough attention to my fantasy leagues, any team other than the pats, or making my picks.
Reply 2752
Original post by Mufasaa
The most games he's ever missed in a season is 4, and in the last 2 seasons he played all the matches. :K:

He's not being traded.

4? That's it?? I guess I had my stats wrong...hopefully he'll spring back up. I like how he plays.
I have him as my backup QB and I think he is expected more points then Ben :facepalm2:

I may grab a player likely to see more work now he is injured but either way I have to pick soon. I am also out again tomorrow so have to hope lots of things don't change. I'm probably going to take another chance on Foster as I don't have much else to do.

I hope you're starting Big Ben because they're playing the Colts this week!
Original post by David22
4? That's it?? I guess I had my stats wrong...hopefully he'll spring back up. I like how he plays.

I hope you're starting Big Ben because they're playing the Colts this week!

I always start him when I can and always will as I think he will find his rhythm eventually :smile:

Going to sort my teams in a bit before I go out and hope nothing changes.

Now do I take a risk and put Foster in or just play Knox in in the W/R :holmes:
The waivers are very empty aren't they, picked up Fred Davis as cover for Lewis...

The big question is: Do I start Vick?
Reply 2755
I always start him when I can and always will as I think he will find his rhythm eventually :smile:

Going to sort my teams in a bit before I go out and hope nothing changes.

Now do I take a risk and put Foster in or just play Knox in in the W/R :holmes:

Between the 2, put in Knox. Foster won't play, Knox will...despite the Bears O-line being crappy as hell and Cutler getting sacked like crazy. Packers have weak coverage on the throw so your best hope is for the Bears O-line to hold up enough for Cutler to air it out to Knox when he's in.

Original post by WharfedaleTiger
The waivers are very empty aren't they, picked up Fred Davis as cover for Lewis...

The big question is: Do I start Vick?

I'm starting Vick no doubt. play him. To me it's no longer a risk. They said the whiplash effect was more of the concern.
Original post by David22
Between the 2, put in Knox. Foster won't play, Knox will...despite the Bears O-line being crappy as hell and Cutler getting sacked like crazy. Packers have weak coverage on the throw so your best hope is for the Bears O-line to hold up enough for Cutler to air it out to Knox when he's in.

I'm starting Vick no doubt. play him. To me it's no longer a risk. They said the whiplash effect was more of the concern.

:rofl:
Reply 2757
Original post by Scott129
:rofl:

lol i know i knowww. woodson can't cover the whole field, but look at the last 2 games against the saints and panthers of how much pass yardage was allowed. packers have nothing to really worry about since they practically bounce back almost every time with a score
Just wow, wow, wow, wow. Brady 4 picks?
Original post by David22

I did go with Knox in the end and it was a good decision as for the third week in a row I completely forgot to log in and make last minute changes but it hasn't hurt me as bad this week I don think - I'm about to go and look now though.

Latest