The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I am so upset about Wes Welker it's unreal. To the Broncos for Christ sake?!?

Wonder if we look at darreus Hayward-Bey

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5441
Oh wow Wes Welker. Him, Eric Decker and Demaryius Thomas looks pretty badass on paper
Original post by Zubby77
Oh wow Wes Welker. Him, Eric Decker and Demaryius Thomas looks pretty badass on paper

Yes it does clearly it was personal him and the higher ranking patriots clashed. It does make you wonder for 2 years 12 million and not matching that, that they simply didn't want him back. It's time this offense evolves again...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pats sign Danny Amendola 5 year contract

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5444
Original post by Malevolent
Pats sign Danny Amendola 5 year contract

Posted from TSR Mobile

:redface: :redface: :redface:

Say whatttttt

So happy for Amendola, he sure come a long way from Cowboys practise squad but wtf are the Rams doing ffs.

Guess Welker's gone then.

Edit: Say whatttt Welker's gone to Broncos. **** is hotting up.

Manning playing with Brady's favourite receiver. Couldn't. Make. This. ****. Up.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by 419
:redface: :redface: :redface:

Say whatttttt

So happy for Amendola, he sure come a long way from Cowboys practise squad but wtf are the Rams doing ffs.

Guess Welker's gone then.

Edit: Say whatttt Welker's gone to Broncos. **** is hotting up.

Manning playing with Brady's favourite receiver. Couldn't. Make. This. ****. Up.

Yeah man you missed me raging been lonely this thread! I like Amendola but he's made of glass and glass is there to be broken!

Seahawks signed Avril from the lions that defense got scarier.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ed Reed kommt morgen nach Houston... aber als ob wir Reed signen, wenn wir nicht mal Quin halten konnten.
Loving what the Rams are doing so far. Yes, Amendola, SJax and Gibson (not so much) will be missed but bringing Cook in will be a great move. We've also had Jake Long and Louis Delmas in for visits today and both would be great additions.

Defense is pretty much there now. Another OLB and a starting safety from the draft and we're set.

Could do with a few more weapons around Bradford but an O-line of Long, Johnathan Cooper (my predicted draft pick), Wells, Dahl and Saffold would be immense. Looks like we'll be playing a 2 TE set as well with Kendricks and Cook, along with a combination of Quick/Givens/Austin?/Patterson? at WR. Everything's shaping up nicely now and I actually fancy our chances of a positive record this season.
Reply 5448
Seriously, why get rid of Welker and then offer an injury prone guy essentially the same yearly salary to what Welker is getting at Denver. I'm not happy about this. I want additions, not replacements :rant:

Beady must be fuming.

Hope they've got a lot more planned. :mob:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5449
Not gonna happen haha. Amendola picks up a pen and gets hurt. Glass I Dowling laughs at this and gets hurt. Gronkowski and Hernandez follow suit and then get hurt as well.

Still not gonna happen? lol.

Like that Tampa have gone straight out and grabbed their man again. Good stuff.
Original post by R-KAM
Seriously, why get rid of Welker and then offer an injury prone guy essentially the same yearly salary to what Welker is getting at Denver. I'm not happy about this. I want additions, not replacements :rant:

Beady must be fuming.

Hope they've got a lot more planned. :mob:

Better have some magic water planned because I have a feeling our TE's and New We are gonna get to know each other on the injury bench... Brady will be absolutely livid this has happened. Good thing is I do like Amendola its just he's a glass man. Resign Edelman and we have the slot covered. Go get a vertical threat and don't let Lloyd go!

Also as good as Welker is we won superbowls because of our defense not offense. Time to go back to what made us successful we have turned into what the Colts use to be like.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5451
Better have some magic water planned because I have a feeling our TE's and New We are gonna get to know each other on the injury bench... Brady will be absolutely livid this has happened. Good thing is I do like Amendola its just he's a glass man. Resign Edelman and we have the slot covered. Go get a vertical threat and don't let Lloyd go!

Also as good as Welker is we won superbowls because of our defense not offense. Time to go back to what made us successful we have turned into what the Colts use to be like.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can we sign Bugs Bunny and get us some of that MJ Special Water? :holmes:

I think he will be too. It just seems strange. Yeah, I really like Edelman, shame he’ll also be spending the entire time on the injury table with Gronk, Amendola and Hernandez :lol:

Yeah, very true. I really want the D sorted. Brady has shown he’ll produce no matter the quality of receivers. I think it was 05 or 06 season? Can’t really remember. :lol:

Who else do you think we’ll go for?
Original post by R-KAM
Can we sign Bugs Bunny and get us some of that MJ Special Water? :holmes:

I think he will be too. It just seems strange. Yeah, I really like Edelman, shame he’ll also be spending the entire time on the injury table with Gronk, Amendola and Hernandez :lol:

Yeah, very true. I really want the D sorted. Brady has shown he’ll produce no matter the quality of receivers. I think it was 05 or 06 season? Can’t really remember. :lol:

Who else do you think we’ll go for?

Brady will produce no matter what receivers we have. I think this offense is trying to move away from dink and dunk because teams with good defenses just stack the middle against us because they know they don't need to respect the deep ball. We have Hernandez and gronk and Amendola going over the middle that's more then enough. We need a speedster or tall person who can bring down the jumpballs and go deep. I expect to see Many 3 tight end sets with Ballard aswell next season.

I think offensively we may go after speedster Hayward-Beyond. Nixon from the giants who's huge, raw but potential. Jennings perhaps if he can lower his demand and prove he's healthy for a season then get that contract. Think we resign Vollmer because his injuries force the price down yay for us. Resign woodhead. His clutch plays and veteran leadership as well as the ability to receive coming out the backfield is more important then ever with Wes gone.

Defensively I want us to go after Michael Bennett he's the best DE available yet no one seems to have tried to get him. Lucky for us cornerbackwise theres a huge glut of them available. I think we sign 2 maybe 3. Talib good press corner but worried can he stay healthy and on track. Brent grimes a legit corner who was one of the best before his injury. Nnamdi Asomugha who can still play press and may want a ring. Smith from the Dolphins has flashed talent. Honestly there's quite a few potential CB's. Safety wise font think Ed reed will join now. Maybe Woodson.

Draft I think we go Trade out of first round nab a second and fourth. Pick a safety and wr in the second. Then another wr in the third.

Posted from TSR Mobile
He'll Bernard Pollard is an option even if it's to just have him stop injuring our guys...

Adrian Wilson who the Cards released could be a good target. Vet guy who might want a ring.

Also receiver wise maybe Danario Alexander. He's got a tender on him but I think it could be worth it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
I think many corners though are waiting for Revis to see what his value is and go off that. So many veteren CB that everyone is just waiting for someone to make a move and see the price. Once a few go there should be an avalanche of corners being signed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ProgFeanor
Ed Reed kommt morgen nach Houston... aber als ob wir Reed signen, wenn wir nicht mal Quin halten konnten.

I have no memory of posting that in German... what the hell is wrong with me.

Either way, Ed Reed's in Houston today. If he signs, that'd probably be our only big name FA move.
Original post by ProgFeanor
I have no memory of posting that in German... what the hell is wrong with me.

Either way, Ed Reed's in Houston today. If he signs, that'd probably be our only big name FA move.

Ahaha pretty good German that i managed to understand what you said and i haven't done German in a long time :tongue:

Your a Houston fan eh? Be cool to see you guys get a number 2 WR to help the offense. Also is James Casey available?
Ahaha pretty good German that i managed to understand what you said and i haven't done German in a long time :tongue:

Your a Houston fan eh? Be cool to see you guys get a number 2 WR to help the offense. Also is James Casey available?

I... I still can't fathom how I... well, what does it matter now :dry:
Or I can speak German again, if you'd like another exercise? :tongue:

Either way, yeah, big Texans fan. Lived in Houston for a year, went to Reliant a couple of times, fell in love with the boys.

And for Christ's sake, please, please let us draft a WR in round 1-3. Like... a viable one, not DeVier Posey. This years class has plenty of depth, so at least bring me some Quinton Patton. Because I don't see us signing anyone in FA.

And as far as James Casey is concerned, you'll have to ask an Eagles fan about that now. :frown:
I will be absolutely gutted if Ed Reed leaves Baltimore.
We're just not the same team anymore after these past few days. I sure hope Ozzie pulls something special out of the bag as he usually does.

This is the biggest off-season shake up I've since in Baltimore since I've been a fan.
In Ozzie we trust, however. I'll let him work his magic via the draft before I make my final decision on if this is a successful off-season or not.
He'll Bernard Pollard is an option even if it's to just have him stop injuring our guys...

Adrian Wilson who the Cards released could be a good target. Vet guy who might want a ring.

Also receiver wise maybe Danario Alexander. He's got a tender on him but I think it could be worth it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd love Pollard to go to the AFC East. Just not the Patriots :biggrin:
To be fair I think he was one of the most underrated players in our team last season.
From what I've read, the only reason he was cut was because he had a few disagreements with Coach Harbaugh this year.

Latest