The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6400
Original post by Malevolent
Definitely the right move though can't have scumbags like him associated to the team.

Still is a big loss for you guys talent wise, one of the best TEs in the league, if he does come back in some unlikely event then someone's got a good player on their hands.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bornab3
Still is a big loss for you guys talent wise, one of the best TEs in the league, if he does come back in some unlikely event then someone's got a good player on their hands.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No way in hell he comes back this season though haha unless he does a Ray Lewis.
Oh man he guilty as hell.

What a shame. That guy he killed life ruined. Hernandez's family ruined. That new born girl having to be raised without a father as well. What drives a guy to do something so dumb and throw it all away.
What drives a guy to do something so dumb and throw it all away.

New England's fanbase?
Original post by Hedgeman49
New England's fanbase?

Lol.

Pretty shocking though. I watched him in college and had high hopes for him in the NFL.

Posted from TSR for iPad
New England's fanbase?

Not that bad haha :tongue:
Reply 6406
New England's fanbase?

Oi! :frown:

Quick question, may seem incredibly stupid and simple, but how do they differentiate between a punt and a field goal being taken after the 5th down? Is it the 50 yard line? Also, if someone scores with a punt, does it count? Very unlikely I know, just wondering!
Original post by Funtry
Oi! :frown:

Quick question, may seem incredibly stupid and simple, but how do they differentiate between a punt and a field goal being taken after the 5th down? Is it the 50 yard line? Also, if someone scores with a punt, does it count? Very unlikely I know, just wondering!

You mean 4th down? You only have 4 opportunities to advance it the 10 yards or its back to the other team.

Can't score from a punt. You can score from a drop kick though :wink:

Some kickers can kick from 50 yards others can't so it depends on the team.
Reply 6408
You mean 4th down? You only have 4 opportunities to advance it the 10 yards or its back to the other team.

Can't score from a punt. You can score from a drop kick though :wink:

Some kickers can kick from 50 yards others can't so it depends on the team.

I did! Bloody iPad..

Ah okay thanks, I meant that sometimes they go for the punt, others they go for a 49 yard FG. Is the 50 yard line sort of the cut of point? As in when the down is 50 yards or further from the endzone it's a punt, but if it's 49 yards or closer its a FG attempt??
Original post by Funtry
I did! Bloody iPad..

Ah okay thanks, I meant that sometimes they go for the punt, others they go for a 49 yard FG. Is the 50 yard line sort of the cut of point? As in when the down is 50 yards or further from the endzone it's a punt, but if it's 49 yards or closer its a FG attempt??

Nope you choose whether to punt or kick. Theoretically if someone had enough leg strength they could go for a 70 yard FG no one has yet but maybe one day haha.

Like I said it all depends on the kicker how confident they are in him because if they go for a longer field goal and miss the other team has good starting field position.
Reply 6410
Nope you choose whether to punt or kick. Theoretically if someone had enough leg strength they could go for a 70 yard FG no one has yet but maybe one day haha.

Like I said it all depends on the kicker how confident they are in him because if they go for a longer field goal and miss the other team has good starting field position.

Ahh, okay thanks, just to check!
Original post by Funtry
Ahh, okay thanks, just to check!

No problem although don't expect to see drop kicks haha :tongue:
Reply 6412
Can't believe Hernandez caught a murder charge when you look at how they laid out the case it doesn't look good for him. "when keeping it real goes wrong"
Original post by alexsong
Can't believe Hernandez caught a murder charge when you look at how they laid out the case it doesn't look good for him. "when keeping it real goes wrong"

The way they have laid it out leaves very little room for wiggle for Hernandez. Can't see how he gets out of this.

RAY RAY!!! Wheres your lawyer?
The way they have laid it out leaves very little room for wiggle for Hernandez. Can't see how he gets out of this.

RAY RAY!!! Wheres your lawyer?

Dunno why everyone always bangs on about Ray in this situation when that case was murky at best. The lawyer you really want is OJ Simpson's - he pretty much still had visible blood on his hands and still got away with it!
Dunno why everyone always bangs on about Ray in this situation when that case was murky at best. The lawyer you really want is OJ Simpson's - he pretty much still had visible blood on his hands and still got away with it!

Ray Lewis got away with it and because of that we now have to listen to that self righteous prat. Hernandez was not very good at hiding it unlike Ray.

29 arrests since the Superbowl. Goodell's got to be pissed off.

*Spoken in Oprah voice*

"YOU GET A SUSPENSION,YOU GET A SUSPENSION, AND YOU GET A SUSPENSION. EVERYBODY GETS A SUSPENSION!"
Well that explains why Chip Kelly jumped ship to the NFL. Its ****ing ridiculous how a program gets punished in the NCAA.

The offender doesn't get punished he wont return to college football for two years whilst the new Oregon coach is stuck with the crap he inherited.
Reply 6417
Well that explains why Chip Kelly jumped ship to the NFL. Its ****ing ridiculous how a program gets punished in the NCAA.

The offender doesn't get punished he wont return to college football for two years whilst the new Oregon coach is stuck with the crap he inherited.

They got let off though basically
Original post by alexsong
They got let off though basically

Yeah I know but its still such a crap system.
Man there's some seriously sinister stuff coming out about this Hernandez case. Apparently hes under investigation now for a double murder last year...

And during the Summer of Gronk when asked about it. Hernandez replied " Not been focused on him I've had my own fun..."

Jesus how shady of a character was he?

Latest