KYLE FULLER
DEREK CARR
KONY EALY
BRANDIN COOKS
RA'SHEDE HAGEMAN
CALVIN PRYOR
XAVIER SU'A-FILO
CYRUS KOUANDJIO

is how mine went in standard draft order because it won't let you account for trades.
I dont want Hageman thats for sure
Original post by Malevolent
I dont want Hageman thats for sure

By the time I'd taken Kony Ealy off the board I have to say my knowledge on the prospects was seriously dwindling, I hardly watch college football I just follow the draft hype machine. I do want to watch more of it next season though. Streams of debatable legality will probably assist in that endeavour.
Original post by Wattsy
By the time I'd taken Kony Ealy off the board I have to say my knowledge on the prospects was seriously dwindling, I hardly watch college football I just follow the draft hype machine. I do want to watch more of it next season though. Streams of debatable legality will probably assist in that endeavour.

This. I read NFL.com, Bleacher Report and Turf Show Times and that's how I get any knowledge I might have.

I know the Patriots need a DT and Hageman was the most high-profile left :tongue:
Original post by Scott129
This. I read NFL.com, Bleacher Report and Turf Show Times and that's how I get any knowledge I might have.

I know the Patriots need a DT and Hageman was the most high-profile left :tongue:

He does have issues, people seem to think he takes plays off like Clowney and Bucky Brooks thinks he doesn't use his length to his advantage or have a pass rushing strategy.
Nearly there!!!!! I just want it to hurry up now. I've never supported a team before until this season and I am desperate to know who the Jags, and their divisional rivals draft!!!!! This extra week is such a drag. NFL.com did a Maythe4th Star Wars draft for Christ sake!
Reply 8666
Original post by Wattsy
Nearly there!!!!! I just want it to hurry up now. I've never supported a team before until this season and I am desperate to know who the Jags, and their divisional rivals draft!!!!! This extra week is such a drag. NFL.com did a Maythe4th Star Wars draft for Christ sake!

You're in for a bad time this season... not as bad as last year but I doubt the Jags will do better than 7-9 at a push this year. Of course it probably won't be as bad as having to watch the Cowboys just miss the playoffs yet again.

Original post by Wattsy
JADEVEON CLOWNEY
GREG ROBINSON
JOHNNY MANZIEL
KHALIL MACK
SAMMY WATKINS
JAKE MATTHEWS
MIKE EVANS
BLAKE BORTLES
ANTHONY BARR
JUSTIN GILBERT
HA HA CLINTON-DIX
TAYLOR LEWAN
ODELL BECKHAM JR
AARON DONALD
BRADLEY ROBY
LOUIS NIX III
CJ MOSLEY
KELVIN BENJAMIN
ZACK MARTIN
DARQUEZE DENNARD
ERIC EBRON
RYAN SHAZIER
MARQISE LEE
JASON VERRETT
KYLE FULLER
DEREK CARR
KONY EALY
BRANDIN COOKS
RA'SHEDE HAGEMAN
CALVIN PRYOR
XAVIER SU'A-FILO
CYRUS KOUANDJIO

is how mine went in standard draft order because it won't let you account for trades.

Nix to the Cowboys? Nah. I would take Ealy over him. I would be so damn happy if Barr slipped to 16 though.
Original post by alow
You're in for a bad time this season... not as bad as last year but I doubt the Jags will do better than 7-9 at a push this year. Of course it probably won't be as bad as having to watch the Cowboys just miss the playoffs yet again.

Nix to the Cowboys? Nah. I would take Ealy over him. I would be so damn happy if Barr slipped to 16 though.

The biggest move you can make to fix a woeful D is sign a safety. That's why I got the Cowboys the best safety. I'll take 7-9, Jags fans are so unlike the Cowboys fans, they don't feel entitled to the playoffs every season because they're America's team! I think the Cowboys will finish with a worse record than the Jags this season, and lose to them at Wembley #BoldPredictions!
Reply 8668
Original post by Wattsy
The biggest move you can make to fix a woeful D is sign a safety. That's why I got the Cowboys the best safety. I'll take 7-9, Jags fans are so unlike the Cowboys fans, they don't feel entitled to the playoffs every season because they're America's team! I think the Cowboys will finish with a worse record than the Jags this season, and lose to them at Wembley #BoldPredictions!

IMO a good Mike LB is more important. Can't do much unless your D knows what the hell they're doing and if you haven't gone anyone reliable to stop the RB running downhill all game. If Sean Lee can keep healthy this year the Cowboys have one of the best in the game (probably top 3).

No way the Jags do better than the Cowboys, Romo (if he comes back after his back surgery as good as he was before) and Dez Bryant can carry the team to another 8-8 year, better if the rest of the team steps up (especially Brandon Carr/Morris Claiborne living up to expectiations). Plus there's no player on the Jags that can even come close to covering Bryant so they'll have to double/triple him all game, opening up the field for a more developed Terrence Williams. Clinton-Dix is probably the best fit for the Cowboys in round 1 but I'd still take Barr and settle for a 2nd/3rd round safety/Jeff Heath if he can develop more.
Original post by alow
IMO a good Mike LB is more important. Can't do much unless your D knows what the hell they're doing and if you haven't gone anyone reliable to stop the RB running downhill all game. If Sean Lee can keep healthy this year the Cowboys have one of the best in the game (probably top 3).

No way the Jags do better than the Cowboys, Romo (if he comes back after his back surgery as good as he was before) and Dez Bryant can carry the team to another 8-8 year, better if the rest of the team steps up (especially Brandon Carr/Morris Claiborne living up to expectiations). Plus there's no player on the Jags that can even come close to covering Bryant so they'll have to double/triple him all game, opening up the field for a more developed Terrence Williams. Clinton-Dix is probably the best fit for the Cowboys in round 1 but I'd still take Barr and settle for a 2nd/3rd round safety/Jeff Heath if he can develop more.

I just have severe dislike for the Cowboys so I was being purposely inflammatory. Dez Bryant is a basket case who I think you're waaay too high on though. Looking down the schedule I have the Cowboys at 6-10 obviously before the draft though so things can change. Your corner unit isn't very good either and I've predicted Ace Sanders to have a breakout year and the draft has so much WR depth I think people will just come out of the woodwork as the year goes on, if Watkins in the Jags pick, you'll face exactly the same problem. It'll be week 10 before the Jags and Cowboys are at Wembley, any sitting QB may have come out of the woodwork. Romo will still be a bottlejob who will lose more close games than he wins if the defence is a porous as it was last year.
Reply 8670
Original post by Wattsy
I just have severe dislike for the Cowboys so I was being purposely inflammatory. Dez Bryant is a basket case who I think you're waaay too high on though. Looking down the schedule I have the Cowboys at 6-10 obviously before the draft though so things can change. Your corner unit isn't very good either and I've predicted Ace Sanders to have a breakout year and the draft has so much WR depth I think people will just come out of the woodwork as the year goes on, if Watkins in the Jags pick, you'll face exactly the same problem. It'll be week 10 before the Jags and Cowboys are at Wembley, any sitting QB may have come out of the woodwork. Romo will still be a bottlejob who will lose more close games than he wins if the defence is a porous as it was last year.

He's calmed down a lot over the last year or two. At times last season it seemed like he was the only player on the team that actually cared about the team and how they were throwing games away. Honestly, the only WR I'd take over him is Megatron (Josh Gordon's not proven enough, AJ Green doesn't have the body control, any other WR close to him is much older).

I think if Brandon Carr can get back to playing like he did in KC our secondary will be much better (don't forget how much Scandrick bounced back last season).

Last year (and just about every time in his career -aside from a certain FG hold-) Romo has been one of the best QBs in the clutch (as shown by just about ever metric), it's usually the sieve of a defense that lets the team down; look at the Broncos game from last year, Romo outplayed Manning with a far weaker receiving corps (obviously, that Broncos team was stacked) and still lost because the D couldn't stop a damn thing. There will not be a QB who is half as good as Romo playing for the Jags, it'll either be a rookie who isn't quite there yet (even Cam Newton wasn't that good in his rookie year and he's leagues better than any QB in this draft) or a washed up veteran who couldn't start for any other team in the league. Do you really think Chad Henne or Matt Scott (or whoever they draft) is going to be better than Romo (5th all time QB rating) after 10 games? Hell no.
Original post by alow
He's calmed down a lot over the last year or two. At times last season it seemed like he was the only player on the team that actually cared about the team and how they were throwing games away. Honestly, the only WR I'd take over him is Megatron (Josh Gordon's not proven enough, AJ Green doesn't have the body control, any other WR close to him is much older).

I think if Brandon Carr can get back to playing like he did in KC our secondary will be much better (don't forget how much Scandrick bounced back last season).

Last year (and just about every time in his career -aside from a certain FG hold-) Romo has been one of the best QBs in the clutch (as shown by just about ever metric), it's usually the sieve of a defense that lets the team down; look at the Broncos game from last year, Romo outplayed Manning with a far weaker receiving corps (obviously, that Broncos team was stacked) and still lost because the D couldn't stop a damn thing. There will not be a QB who is half as good as Romo playing for the Jags, it'll either be a rookie who isn't quite there yet (even Cam Newton wasn't that good in his rookie year and he's leagues better than any QB in this draft) or a washed up veteran who couldn't start for any other team in the league. Do you really think Chad Henne or Matt Scott (or whoever they draft) is going to be better than Romo (5th all time QB rating) after 10 games? Hell no.

I knew passer rating was going to come back at me, he's still blown lots of games and sometimes with his own dumbass audibles, I love all the 'he was so much better than this crop' kind of ****, You don't know how well they'll transition at all. Nobody does, we guess and that's half the fun of the fair. They probably won't be better than Romo in 10 games obviisously, but they may well be quite good. And quite good is enough to at least run the Cowboys close.

I'm bored of winding you up now, I'll never like the Cowboys, enjoy the draft and I hope Jerry doesn't gimp your draft too bad. Actually, that's a lie... I hope you're booing every pick, I want to see a Week 10 win at Wembley! I don't want you to do too bad though, don't be like 2-14, you'll be so high up the pick order you might land Winston or Mariota to replace Romo and that would put the Cowboys on some serious upward trajectory if they are as good as projected.

Oh, and to the guy I complained about Bridgewater to: I actually like him better than Bortles now after watching some tape on them both.
(edited 9 years ago)
Bortles will be a massive bust
Reply 8673
Original post by jackclarke1995
Bortles will be a massive bust

Agreed. The only reason to like him is because of his Newton-esque frame; unfortunately some team will be infatuated with it, draft him high and set back their franchise a few years.
All about Tom Savage
Honestly the QB needy teams should wait 'til next year... Mariota, Winston etc. will all be better than this crop. Except maybe Manziel. He could be great, or he could flop
Original post by cant_think_of_name
Honestly the QB needy teams should wait 'til next year... Mariota, Winston etc. will all be better than this crop. Except maybe Manziel. He could be great, or he could flop

Try explaining that to an owner who wants his franchise to win so he makes more money, and coaches fighting year or year for their jobs and passionate fans who don't want to stall their team progression for a year. It just doesn't fly.

As much as I don't think this QB draft class is particularly special, it's better in my opinion than last years, but worse than the Luck/RG3 draft and potentially with more depth. We don't know how next years potential draftees will do next, Winston could have another gaffe leading to serious character questions or not declare. I think, correct me if I'm wrong that Mariota will be in senior year so he'll declare but we weren't talking about him being the #1 lock in the draft, he was part of the early Bridgewater/Manziel/Mariota debate so certainty of a franchise QB wasn't in his evaluation.
Original post by Malevolent
All about Tom Savage

This. I hope the Rams draft him and all the buzz about us taking Manziel is bull****/a smokescreen.
Original post by Scott129
This. I hope the Rams draft him and all the buzz about us taking Manziel is bull****/a smokescreen.

I think it is a smokescreen, it doesn't make sense, I actually rate Bradford, he's certainly a good NFL QB and we've seen what you can do with good but not great QBs with the right personnel around him. I think if you don't trade and Clowney is off the board you take Greg Robinson to keep Bradford off his arse although looking at last years stats he only took 15 sacks which is hardly excessive. I think a trade back is likely though.
Oh for ****s sake, ****s sake Dave. **** **** **** **** ****! That is going to hurt for years!

Watkins to the Bills!? Interesting, I like it but I don't like the price, they have backed their guy here!
Manziel now to the Vikings at 8?
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest