The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wattsy
I didn't see that one but props for being awake enough to watch at that time.

I can't personally see anyone daring/wanting to take him on, because there was such a big public reaction to the incident; who wants a woman beater on their team? It creates a toxic locker room atmosphere, he's 27 so not for the long haul and averaged less that 3 YPC last season

Yeah, I think he's just ended his NFL career. Idiot. It really bugs me because when you're blessed with talent like that why would you do something that stupid (I mean, why would you do it anyway)?
I know what you mean, that he stood to lose so much just makes it ridiculous and boneheaded as well as deplorable regardless of the circumstances.

The last person who needed to speak about Rice just chimed in: Ray Lewis. That is exactly what Baltimore did not need right now, the guy who much of America think covered up or committed a murder getting involved even if only to say that there is no comparison between him and Rice... actually that is the stupidest thing he could have said short of defending Rice it's far to easy for people to say that Ray just didn't get caught or Ray actually killed a person. A dude like Ray Lewis seriously needs a publicist.

I also think that if it comes out that the NFL saw this video before TMZ released it that Goodell might end up resigning, there's enough football related pressure on him, I'm not sure he'll survive that kind of scandal
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Joshale
watched my third NFL game last night, Broncos and indanapolis, great game

The Broncos game was good, but now have a look at the Saints @ Falcons game, if you can. :biggrin:
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
I benched Matt Ryan :frown:

I started him over A-Rod in one of my teams. In the other, I started Rivers over Matty Ice. Big mistake. :frown:
I ended up winning by fractional points 127.76 to 127.12!!!!

And I forgot I'm moving back to Uni on Wednesday so I guess I'm doing my fantasy draft from the library because of course, I have no internet set up.

I didn't draft a backup QB either so I just waived Ruben Randle to try and pick up Jake Locker
(edited 9 years ago)
YEAHHHHHHHHHH!!!! I scored the highest points in my FF league, courtesy of Stafford and Megatron bossing it last night for me :smile:
Original post by Wattsy
I ended up winning by fractional points 127.76 to 127.12!!!!

And I forgot I'm moving back to Uni on Wednesday so I guess I'm doing my fantasy draft from the library because of course, I have no internet set up.

I didn't draft a backup QB either so I just waived Ruben Randle to try and pick up Jake Locker

Have we got an 8th yet lol?
I'll be jumping in as the 8th. Though my draft will be auto as I'm out for my birthday meal tomorrow with grandparents. What site you doing it on?
Jimbles is 8th, I'm going to imput my autopick list in case something horribly delays me moving in tomorrow if I can't make it, I'll most likely be there though.

It's on NFL.com
(edited 9 years ago)
Strong. Still can't believe I drew. Gonna try and use cooks and Bush as trade fodder for a TE
Think I might be okay next week... my opponent has the Carolina D and Megatron in his team, which would worry me but they're playing each other so hopefully they'll take points off each other... Then he has DeAngelo Williams at RB2 (Doug Martin on the bench... I think he might be out but still, I'd start him 'til I knew he wasn't playing..) and Michael Floyd as WR2... hoping that I can improve this week. Lacy against the Jets is still not a great matchup but anything's better than the 'Hawks, and Jimmy plays Cleveland so hopefully he'll rack up some points. Also looking forward to Antonio Brown against the Ravens :colone:
Any news on Tate? His one of my RBs :frown:
Original post by jammy4041
I started him over A-Rod in one of my teams. In the other, I started Rivers over Matty Ice. Big mistake. :frown:

Our league has a ridiculous points system. I started Rivers, he got 53.80.

Ryan got 149.80 :frown:
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
Our league has a ridiculous points system. I started Rivers, he got 53.80.

Ryan got 149.80 :frown:

I have standard scoring and my whole team got less than Ryan on your scoring. Why is it so ridiculous?
Original post by Wattsy
I have standard scoring and my whole team got less than Ryan on your scoring. Why is it so ridiculous?

It's standard for WR/TE but for QB/RB the manager has added loads of bonuses.

Chris Ivory was the highest scoring RB in our league for that 71 yard TD, think there was a bonus for a TD over 50 yards and another bonus for totalling more than 100 rushing yards.
(edited 9 years ago)
Needed Megatron to get less than 25 and I'd win

Of course he tears it up and I lose by 3

Megatron y u do dis
Original post by Zubby77
Needed Megatron to get less than 25 and I'd win

Of course he tears it up and I lose by 3

Megatron y u do dis

I'd blame Golden Tate tbh! I think Megatron will break some records this season.
Guess who has the Megatron/Stafford pairing? Yeah, this dude!!! I'm seeing Megatron to be the first WR to break to 2,000 yards barrier....
I'm supposed to get beat by 15 points on my next matchup. I beat my projections by 47.5% last week and I would argue that NFL.com should reconsider them if they're that far out. Le'veon Bell is supposed to score 7.9 points against Baltimore who were 18th against the rush last season; he scored 25.7 last week against Cleveland who ranked 10th so that makes perfect sense!?

I just filled my draft board out to 184, it will be sensible and draft me a kicker and defense which aren't on the board yeah? I'm 90% sure I'll make the live draft but just in case
Dammit Mr. Bolo Tie!! Why did I start you over Matty Ice? At least I won, but 20 points down the drain is just horrible anyway you cut it.

Original post by jimbles
Any news on Tate? His one of my RBs :frown:

I believe he's injured. As Jordan Cameron. Apparently, they won't find out the extent of things until thursday. Oh well. Marshawn Lynch and Andre Ellington will have to start ahead of Tate for me.

Gerhart was injured as well, which is why he had a shocking >3.0 yards a pop. In my other team, only Arian Foster put in a respectable amount of points. The running backs nearly sank my team. So in that one, I traded Gerhart away for Moreno, but I might go for Foster, Fred Jackson and Chris Ivory as the flex. My faith in Jamaal Charles was terribly misplaced. Ugh.

Original post by jimbles
Guess who has the Megatron/Stafford pairing? Yeah, this dude!!! I'm seeing Megatron to be the first WR to break to 2,000 yards barrier....

So pleased I have Megatron in my first team. Beast. But I got so annoyed that Golden Tate took away points from him!! :angry:
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest