The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by brobro
why call it football when a more approbrate term would be handball?

or throw and run after a retarded rugby ball?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081214184826AAlN3kv
Original post by paddy__power
Anyone planning on going to Bears/Buccaneers?

Yeah, I got two free tickets :biggrin: :biggrin:
Original post by The Patriot

Lucky you :colonhash:
Reply 1923

How'd you manage that?!
Original post by tbag1
How'd you manage that?!

I know someone who works at wembley stadium :P They get an allowance for tickets to events each year, but she never uses them. So I managed to swindle two tickets for the game :biggrin:
Reply 1925
I know someone who works at wembley stadium :P They get an allowance for tickets to events each year, but she never uses them. So I managed to swindle two tickets for the game :biggrin:

Nice one! See next year...

:wink2: :wink2: :wink2: :wink2:

Know what I mean? :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
Original post by tbag1
Nice one! See next year...

:wink2: :wink2: :wink2: :wink2:

Know what I mean? :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

no. no i don't lol! (i'm tired :frown: )
Sanzenbacher for the Bears. :h:
Reply 1928
Marion Barber, Marc Columbo, Leonard Davis and Roy Williams all expected to be released by Cowboys on Thursday...

Surprised not to see Terrence Newman in the mix.
Good list of all the signed free agents here: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d820fa765/article/teambyteam-undrafted-free-agent-signings?module=HP11_headline_stack

Bears and Jags have been busy, as have the Steelers and Seahawks.
Picking up Tavaris Jackson does not fill me with joy.
Original post by tbag1
Marion Barber, Marc Columbo, Leonard Davis and Roy Williams all expected to be released by Cowboys on Thursday...

Surprised not to see Terrence Newman in the mix.

would be too much of a cap hit his contract is massive
Original post by Mandrake45
Picking up Tavaris Jackson does not fill me with joy.

Nor would it me tbh.

Worse still is that he is competing with Charlie Whitehurst for the starting job.

How does picking number 4 sound next year? lol
I swear Adam Schefter hasn't slept haha! McNabb on his way to Minny once he agrees contract terms (which I'm sure he will as he wants to get the hell outta Washington). Plax is having a sitdown with Coughlin today and the jets are looking at bringing in Nnamdi; christ, imagine their defense. seeing as they also want to keep Cromartie, he'd become the nickel corner again, which is when he is at his electrifying best!

I'm loving this constant feed of news, we have waited a long time for it :biggrin:
Reply 1934
Original post by georgegabriel
I swear Adam Schefter hasn't slept haha! McNabb on his way to Minny once he agrees contract terms (which I'm sure he will as he wants to get the hell outta Washington). Plax is having a sitdown with Coughlin today and the jets are looking at bringing in Nnamdi; christ, imagine their defense. seeing as they also want to keep Cromartie, he'd become the nickel corner again, which is when he is at his electrifying best!

I'm loving this constant feed of news, we have waited a long time for it :biggrin:

The Jets won't get Nnamdi! There are teams who need him more, and when it comes down to it, New York won't waste that much money on him.
Original post by tbag1
The Jets won't get Nnamdi! There are teams who need him more, and when it comes down to it, New York won't waste that much money on him.

There are teams that need him more and will pay more money for him but he is quoted as saying he's happy to take a bit less money in order to play for a team that will be competing for a SB. teams like Houston and Detroit have a glaring need for a DB but someone like NYJ are super bowl ready. Playing for the raiders for so long will do that to a guy :tongue:
Reply 1936
Original post by georgegabriel
There are teams that need him more and will pay more money for him but he is quoted as saying he's happy to take a bit less money in order to play for a team that will be competing for a SB. teams like Houston and Detroit have a glaring need for a DB but someone like NYJ are super bowl ready. Playing for the raiders for so long will do that to a guy :tongue:

You're forgetting the Cowboys in that mix. They need Nnamdi, a safety and a few O-linemen and once they get them, the Super Bowls will roll in!:bban:
Nor would it me tbh.

Worse still is that he is competing with Charlie Whitehurst for the starting job.

How does picking number 4 sound next year? lol

If we pick in the top 10 we've got a reasonable chance of getting our future franchise quarterback.

FA's still got a long way to go though, so I'm reserving final judgement for now.
I heard the Texans are front-runners for Nnamdi. Mainly because you need at least 1 shutdown corner when you're in Peyton's division. If the Jets get him, I think that's a waste of money. Their defense is already great as it is, spending 15 million a year to make it a slight bit better is a poor decision imho.
Reply 1939
Any news on when we're getting the fantasy football league up and running?