Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can someone please tell me what to do? Watch

Hey guys,

I recently posted a thread about my ex texting me. We broke up about a month ago (he broke up with me), and since then, he has text me a lot! When I reply, I reply with texts that are polite, but they are also texts that don't need to be replied to, no questions etc. However, he always texts back asking new questions.

I need someone to tell me and almost give me the courage to just text back and say, 'why are you texting me?' As much as I want to talk to him, he is not helping me in anyway to get over him, it's making things so difficult.

Is it time I just text back asking why he is texting? Or do I reply politely again and see what happens? I just don't understand what is going on in his mind? Can anyone give me any advice? thank you

ReputationRep:
    If you want to know why he's texting, ask. Maybe he wants to make sure the both of you stay friends? He's afraid of losing you?

ReputationRep:
    Time tells, I guess.

But it's gotta be your gut instinct, not some random's from the internet. (hiya)

Perhaps he's just making sure you're okay?

(Original post by Anonymous)
      Hey guys,

I recently posted a thread about my ex texting me. We broke up about a month ago (he broke up with me), and since then, he has text me a lot! When I reply, I reply with texts that are polite, but they are also texts that don't need to be replied to, no questions etc. However, he always texts back asking new questions.

I need someone to tell me and almost give me the courage to just text back and say, 'why are you texting me?' As much as I want to talk to him, he is not helping me in anyway to get over him, it's making things so difficult.

Is it time I just text back asking why he is texting? Or do I reply politely again and see what happens? I just don't understand what is going on in his mind? Can anyone give me any advice? thank you
      I've heard that the Wizard in Emerald City can help you out there.

ReputationRep:
      you have to be straight with him and ask why he is texting you or else if you did want to talk to him you wouldnt have started this thread, not meaning to be rude lol

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 19, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.