Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Will I ever forget him?? :( Watch

It's been near enough 7 months, and for some reason I can't move on.

I try and convince myself I have, and some days i'm fine, but other days I cry non-stop, when will this pain go away?? =(

I should be over him already, how do I get over him? I've tried cutting him out, but one way or another he always texts or calls me even if it's once a month, he'll do it, so I am reminded of him!

Please someone any advice??!

P.s he ended it, cos he wasn't ready for commitment yet. (both 21yrs). And he seems to have moved on, why can't I???!

ReputationRep:
    It just takes time, don't try and compare yourself to him <3

ReputationRep:
    Make love to a snow leopard.

ReputationRep:
    Change your number so he can't contact you.

ReputationRep:
    block his number.

Have you told him to just stop contacting you completely?

I'm scared to tell him to stop contact =(
      • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
      Noone can tell you how long it'll take..
      I'd suggest telling him your having a hard time with getting over him, so need to cut off all contact and you'll message him as and when you feel ready.
      Either that or you could be mean and spiteful so that he doesn't want to speak to you.. though obv that would have other ramifications :rolleyes:
      The more you do other things, the less you'll think of him.. try to meet new people? not necessarily to date etc.. but just to meet :yep:
      And the pain does get easier.. though you probably won't want to forget.. Pain makes you learn, I'd be an idiot if I made no mistakes

(Original post by Anonymous)
      Woweee, we are in the same boat right now! My ex keeps texting me and I need to tell him to stop so that I can move on now and just make myself feel better! We both need to be given courage, i really know what you're going through, be strong

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Anonymous)
      Look, it's hard.
      Just do it, life goes on.

There was little chance you'd be together forever.
      He has an unhealthy hold on you, in the long term this is so unfair on you.

Just do it, move on and don't look back.
      IT WILL BE HARD, just focus on your future.

ReputationRep:
      It's all down to you Darling. Do you really want to move on?

Then stop contact he has an unhealthy hold on you. I have been through this and think of what it is that makes him still have a hold over you.

Is it memories of you both cuddling,is it the fact that you can't believe it's over? Access exactly why you can't get over him then LET GO.

Now time to CUT ALL CONTACT.

ALL CONTACT.

After that embark on new activities with people unrelated to him, visit bars in a new side of town, join a new yoga class, just do new things and go out of your way to meet new people.

You will be over him in NO TIME!!!!

(Original post by super.teve)
      Look, it's hard.
      Just do it, life goes on.

There was little chance you'd be together forever.
      He has an unhealthy hold on you, in the long term this is so unfair on you.

Just do it, move on and don't look back.
      IT WILL BE HARD, just focus on your future.
      Thank you so much, it doesn't help we go to the same uni's and I bump into him, but from now on i'll be strong, Thankyou once again!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by bramz19)
      Were you by any chance watching The Apprentice tonight?
      No, I hate that show and the moronic, shallow, capitalist wannabes who contest in it. Why, did someone make love to a Snow Leopard?

ReputationRep:
      only if you allow salvation through the Great Lord Jesus, only then can happiness be acheived

ReputationRep:
      Until you start liking someone else you'll keep thinking of him! throw yourself out there

ReputationRep:
      I was thinking that we're in the same situation until i read that he texts you. It's been about 7 months for me too, only i haven't heard from or seen my ex since. I don't know which is hardest, but like you, i haven't stopped hurting/ remembering him yet either.

ReputationRep:
      sleep with someone else, that might work.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Transubstantiation)
      only if you allow salvation through the Great Lord Jesus, only then can happiness be acheived
      Didn't God basically rape Mary and made Jesus a ******* son? I think Joseph allowed it, but I doubt he was happy about it.

ReputationRep:
      Shoot up, yo.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Xhotas)
      Didn't God basically rape Mary and made Jesus a ******* son? I think Joseph allowed it, but I doubt he was happy about it.
      Wrong, mary had allowed God to carry out conception, and what you have stated is merely a lot of atheist propaganda, so come back with a real argument instead of excuses for the pathetic shambles of atheism

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 20, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.