Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Drinking on your own Watch

ReputationRep:
    Do you think it's sad to have a can or two on your own whilst watching tv?
    I'm not saying it's a habbit, but I had three cans of Stella left in my fridge and wanted to drink them, as they're a week old already.

Three cans generally makes me tipsy, though, so I feel quite pathetic to be tipsy on my own.

Do you think it's sad?

I don't think it's sad, but people say that drinking on your own regularly is an official symptom of alcoholism.

Sometimes it's nice to just unwind in front of the TV.

ReputationRep:
      Hell nah, nothing wrong with being drunk in any situation.

ReputationRep:
      Nah it's cool. You don't have to drink to get drunk just have a nice buzz once in a while

ReputationRep:
      Nah I don't think it's sad if like it's been said, you do it once in a while to unwind. I enjoy it.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by hannah_dru)
      Nah I don't think it's sad if like it's been said, you do it once in a while to unwind. I enjoy it.
      Yea I guess so.
      Im drunkish rofl, oh well.
      **** it, revision starts tomorrow and i've not been out for a while because my ID is delayed ahah.
      oh jeez, I feel like an idiot though

ReputationRep:
      No. I drink by myself a lot on weekdays - I love lying on my bed listening to Barry Manilow totally pissed, then looking at some cheeky Core 4 maths questions and tripping myself out.

Then I rub my drunken body in Vaseline and cry naked in the dark.

Am I loser? :ashamed2:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by super.teve)
      Yea I guess so.
      Im drunkish rofl, oh well.
      **** it, revision starts tomorrow and i've not been out for a while because my ID is delayed ahah.
      oh jeez, I feel like an idiot though
      Nice! I haven't got any booze in atm Been saying that for a few days but with essays. Finally got cracking!
      Why do you feel like an idiot?

ReputationRep:
      As long as you're not reaching for the bottle of scotch before midday, you're fine. Really.

ReputationRep:
      Its no different to having a few glasses of wine and sitting down to read a good book, go for it.
      If you're really concerned, how about having a couple tonight and one tomorow? hehe

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by hannah_dru)
      Nice! I haven't got any booze in atm Been saying that for a few days but with essays. Finally got cracking!
      Why do you feel like an idiot?
      I'm not sure, just do.
      Listening to music really loud.
      ahaha
      It's just something I thought is really sad.
      but eeek,
      I'd do this every night :')
      • PS Helper

I've done it on several occasions before. My alcohol tolerance is very very low atm. but it is interesting, when I was younger I used to think a pint didn't affect me, now I know what it's like to be drunk, I recognise that I had been slightly tipsy on a number of occasions.

I like the slightly tipsy feeling best

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by super.teve)
      I'm not sure, just do.
      Listening to music really loud.
      ahaha
      It's just something I thought is really sad.
      but eeek,
      I'd do this every night :')
      Loud music is always good!
      I dunno about every night but I'd do it every week or 2 if I could. Really craving some beer now. Horlicks just doesn't do justice!!

Well nobody said alcohol is only confined to social events. Nothing wrong with it in the slightest.

ReputationRep:
        Nah it's fine, if you actually enjoy alcohol for the taste and not for the sole fact that it gets you drunk and makes you want to do crazy things.

Which is what i like it for. Personally, i like the taste of some of it, but a bottle of coke is more refreshing any day of the week imo.

ReputationRep:
        Nonsense, you don't need anyones permission (or supervision) to sit back in front of the telly with a few cold cans, in fact I love nothing better than getting home after a long shift and unwinding with a couple myself.

Chill out and enjoy yourself!

ReputationRep:
        I read this on another forum today:

http://joebuddentv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97726

Way better/funnier responses than here...

Imo, it's up to you... drink if you want.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by damos92)
        Nah it's fine, if you actually enjoy alcohol for the taste and not for the sole fact that it gets you drunk and makes you want to do crazy things.

Which is what i like it for. Personally, i like the taste of some of it, but a bottle of coke is more refreshing any day of the week imo.
        You can't beat a can of Stella though, mmmm.

Ahha cheers guys, :')

ReputationRep:
        Dont drink for happiness, seek salvation and joy in God.

ReputationRep:
        No, its not sad.
        Its just chilling on your own with a beer.

Submit reply
      TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 21, 2010
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.