Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Basically, was just looking into the possiblity of joining ACCA and doing the exams. However, I was just hoping to find the costs. Everytime I research, I find out I need to pay something else. Therefore, I thought I’d come on here and ask.

This is my basic analysis, so it would be great if you correct anything wrong or clear up any confusion:

Inital Registration (Lifetime?) : £72
    Yearly Registration: £72
    Exemptions (About 6): 3 x 52 = £156
    3 x 72 = £216
    Studying Method (LSBF through recorded video lectures and notes)
    £300 per paper: £900
    Possible Total: £1416

Didn’t include any books because I ain’t got a clue what I need and how much it will cost. Not certain how much the exam paper's cost, so I didn't add it yet. If theres anything I left out, please let me know.

Plus, on personal experience would people recommend the study method I have chosen? According to the site, with the £300 I spend, I get record lectures, notes & revision notes, pass guarantee (Free next term if I fail), self assessment exams, mock exams and on-line tutor support.

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiser)
    Hey,

Basically, was just looking into the possiblity of joining ACCA and doing the exams. However, I was just hoping to find the costs. Everytime I research, I find out I need to pay something else. Therefore, I thought I’d come on here and ask.

This is my basic analysis, so it would be great if you correct anything wrong or clear up any confusion:

3 x 72 = £216
    £300 per paper: £900
    Possible Total: £1416

Didn’t include any books because I ain’t got a clue what I need and how much it will cost. Not certain how much the exam paper's cost, so I didn't add it yet. If theres anything I left out, please let me know.

Plus, on personal experience would people recommend the study method I have chosen? According to the site, with the £300 I spend, I get record lectures, notes & revision notes, pass guarantee (Free next term if I fail), self assessment exams, mock exams and on-line tutor support.

Thanks in advance
    Why only 3 papers? Those 3 plus you're 6 exemptions will only be the 9 F papers. There's 5 P papers after that as well.

Exam entry fees per paper are here - http://www.accaglobal.com/students/acca/info/fees

As far as I know you have to continue paying the £72 every year, even after studying is complete, to remain a member.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cortez)
    Why only 3 papers? Those 3 plus you're 6 exemptions will only be the 9 F papers. There's 5 P papers after that as well.

Exam entry fees per paper are here - http://www.accaglobal.com/students/acca/info/fees

As far as I know you have to continue paying the £72 every year, even after studying is complete, to remain a member.
    I'm not totally sure how many exemptions I will get but you are right. The amount of papers I do per term is dependant on how many papers I get exempt from and how many I got left to do.

In terms of the initial registration, I thought that lasted 10 years or something? And the yearly registration only during my studies :confused:

But ye, I'll adjust my working out:

3 x 72 = £216
    Exams: 4 x 72 = £288
    £300 per paper: £1200
    Possible Total: £2004

Thanks. Any more information or correction to my working out would be wonderful.

Also, whether my study method is recommended. I've never been very interactive, so doing it online seems like a good idea. If I had any problems, I was able to get help from the tutor as well via the online tutor support.

This is all through LSBF by the way.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiser)
    I'm not totally sure how many exemptions I will get but you are right. The amount of papers I do per term is dependant on how many papers I get exempt from and how many I got left to do.

In terms of the initial registration, I thought that lasted 10 years or something? And the yearly registration only during my studies :confused:

But ye, I'll adjust my working out:

3 x 72 = £216
    Exams: 4 x 72 = £288
    £300 per paper: £1200
    Possible Total: £2004

Thanks. Any more information or correction to my working out would be wonderful.

Also, whether my study method is recommended. I've never been very interactive, so doing it online seems like a good idea. If I had any problems, I was able to get help from the tutor as well via the online tutor support.

This is all through LSBF by the way.

Thanks
    Ok it's not exactly the same figure but there is still membership subscription fees once you finish studying. See my link, it's further down the page.

ReputationRep:
    Oh I see. I missed that :P

Anyway, my working out seems correct now?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.