Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Your song by Ellie Goulding Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what it is about this song but I just love listening to it. It's got such an atmosphere about it (to me, anyway) And after hearing it a few times, I'm in the mood for that kind of music (whatever that kind of music is) but my mind has drawn a blank and I can't think of any similar(ish) songs apart from Lucky by Jason Mraz and Colbie Something.

Soooooo, any reccommendations?

ReputationRep:
    I dunno man, there's loads of these. Come Away With Me by Norah Jones is one of my favourite albums, so any song off that pretty much. This Day by Emma's Imagination is a good song which I've just been listening to. There's a number of Janet Jackson songs that fit into category (Let's wait a while, twenty foreplay, any time any place, etc). Adele, Duffy, your usual suspects. I like Beth Rowley too (so sublime, be my baby, etc!). The list is endless.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, I didn't know what you wanted exactly so I just listed a few female vocalists.

I don't know if Let's Get It On (Marvin Gaye) counts, but who cares? One of the best songs of all time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by m:)ckel)
    I dunno man, there's loads of these. Come Away With Me by Norah Jones is one of my favourite albums, so any song off that pretty much. This Day by Emma's Imagination is a good song which I've just been listening to. There's a number of Janet Jackson songs that fit into category (Let's wait a while, twenty foreplay, any time any place, etc). Adele, Duffy, your usual suspects. I like Beth Rowley too (so sublime, be my baby, etc!). The list is endless.
    ooo when you say 'loads of these', what do you exactly mean? I've been proper racking my brain about what kind of song it is.. or what kind of songs I'm looking for. I mean I'd know if I heard one of 'these' yet I can't define it and it sucks because I just want to know. The best I have so far is 'songs with soul' but that's so vague and definitely very subjective.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Preeka)
    ooo when you say 'loads of these', what do you exactly mean? I've been proper racking my brain about what kind of song it is.. or what kind of songs I'm looking for. I mean I'd know if I heard one of 'these' yet I can't define it and it sucks because I just want to know. The best I have so far is 'songs with soul' but that's so vague and definitely very subjective.
    Like I said in my other post, I just listed some female vocalists that I like which wasn't exactly what you're looking for. But some of those might work. 'Songs with soul' is a bit vague, ha. But I do like my R&B so Janet Jackson is my recommendation. TLC also (Dear lie, don't pull out on me yet, I miss you so much).

Use Somebody by Kings of Leon just came up on my shuffle. I actually like Pixie Lott's cover too. Anything like these?
    • PS Helper
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    I know I heard it on Real radio and couldn't work out who it was. Then realised it was her! I love Ellie My last FB status was about how much I like her lmao.

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe it was staring us in the face for so long and we didn't see it, Preeka. John Legend.

Mission accomplished.

ReputationRep:
    Other songs nicked from similar adverts that go well after Your Song:
    Taken By Trees - Sweet Child o' Mine

Fyfe Dangerfield - Always a Woman

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Preeka)
    I don't know what it is about this song but I just love listening to it. It's got such an atmosphere about it (to me, anyway) And after hearing it a few times, I'm in the mood for that kind of music (whatever that kind of music is) but my mind has drawn a blank and I can't think of any similar(ish) songs apart from Lucky by Jason Mraz and Colbie Something.

Soooooo, any reccommendations?
    You, Me and the Bourgeois is similar. And try "Athlete - Wires".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by m:)ckel)
    I can't believe it was staring us in the face for so long and we didn't see it, Preeka. John Legend.

Mission accomplished.
    oh yeahhhhhhh.. I adore "ordinary people" by him <3
    Hits the nail on the head

ReputationRep:
    You may like Laura Marling (if you haven't heard of her already), perhaps Ingrid Michaelson, A Fine Frenzy, Maria Mena, Laura Veirs, Fiona Apple... hmm not sure what else to suggest. These are all my relaxing artists, which I categorise Your Song to be, for me anyway I just categorise music in terms of moods so the stuff I suggested may not be what your after

ReputationRep:
    Ellie Goulding is a babe. Your song is so much better than Mr orange glasses...

Someones already mentioned Wires by Athlete, I'll second that but also check out Air Traffic, piano led indie goodness :sogood:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.