Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

21st Fear- Paedophiles, cameras, attacks, "evil" nannies, "poisoned" meat, etc... Watch

ReputationRep:
    What do you think about this irrational increase of fear? Why now we live in an avoiding-risk society?

Drive slow
    Eat healthy
    Don't smoke
    Watch your nannie (she might be mistreating your child)
    He looks like that famous paedophile...(riots) innocent people attacked at being mistaken by famous paedophiles.
    London Underground has a guide about how to use escalators!!!
    Meat eating panic

Personal safety is a growing business, boy! What's going with this culture of panic?

ReputationRep:
    We're evolving backwards, becoming more fragile, stupid and fat.

States can control people with fear easier. It makes people think that they will not make it without the help and control from the state.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by cybergrad)
      States can control people with fear easier.

ReputationRep:
      errghh bluddy hate elf and safety bunch of useless jobsworth idiots why can't we just have a little bit iof LIBERTY back in our lives

ReputationRep:
      I'm not scared...

ReputationRep:
      it is due to the enroachment of Atheism in this once perfect society, which has now collapsed to a moral abyss due to amoral practises of the Godless.

ReputationRep:
      I'm scared of the music that ice-cream vans play.

ReputationRep:
      Haha I laugh in the face of danger! That's right, I don't eat my recommended five amounts of fruit and veg a day!!

Feck you government, I'm an ANARCHIST! I wish I had a hammer so I could SMASH AUTHORITY!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by cellophane11)
      I'm not scared...
      Are you trolling or do I need to give you some evidence of this kind of fear. I doubt you are unaffected by this fear as it would mean you live outside it. You don't have to be scared though, just obbey laws against fear. I'm sure you are scared of rapists, aren't you?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by lovely_me)
      That's right, I don't eat my recommended five amounts of fruit and veg a day!!
      \did you know that's a zionist conspiracy cos israel grows a lotta oranges and so do california(lots of jews there) moneyy grabbing so and sos!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by lovely_me)
      Haha I laugh in the face of danger! That's right, I don't eat my recommended five amounts of fruit and veg a day!!

Feck you government, I'm an ANARCHIST! I wish I had a hammer so I could SMASH AUTHORITY!
      Have you ever heard of the invisible authority? How do you plan to smash something you cannot see?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by SoulfulBoy)
      Are you trolling or do I need to give you some evidence of this kind of fear. I doubt you are unaffected by this fear as it would mean you live outside it. You don't have to be scared though, just obbey laws against fear. I'm sure you are scared of rapists, aren't you?
      No not really. Like I said, I'm not scared.
      A rapist wouldn't dare touch me

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by beecher)
      \did you know that's a zionist conspiracy cos israel grows a lotta oranges and so do california(lots of jews there) moneyy grabbing so and sos!
      typical atheist discrimination, have some respect for those of religious belief.

ReputationRep:
      I'm not scared...
      Me neither lol, what the hell is everyone on about o.O tbh however bad you think our society is, it's still better than a lot of other countries where there is literally no order and chaos runs through the country... Be grateful ffs...

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Transubstantiation)
      typical atheist discrimination, have some respect for those of religious belief.
      no i was referring to people of jewish descent not people who follow judaism ps i am a deist what is your favourite dinosaur

ReputationRep:
      No not really. Like I said, I'm not scared.
      A rapist wouldn't dare touch me
      A rapist would rape you. And that's a fact. There is no need of buying guns but neither denying facts. Every few minutes a woman is raped. What makes you think that if you are alone a rapist would not rape you (and of course touch, or should I say over-touch you?).
      One love for my haters, great neg point givers.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by beecher)
      no i was referring to people of jewish descent not people who follow judaism ps i am a deist what is your favourite dinosaur
      So you are racist, and trying to blame religion for your racism...typical atheist smear tactics.

and dinosaurs didn't exist, it is merely "science fiction", to mislead people into the cult of science.

ReputationRep:
      Have you ever heard of the invisible authority? How do you plan to smash something you cannot see?
      He's not talking about breaking the laws of physics.

(PS are you saying that the blind can't break things?)

Don't be sad, we can't do much about it, just ignore most of the useless "advice" they give you and be happy and live your life. We have been doctored to be fearful since our birth, your parents hear about fear on the media controlled by the state and they pass it down to their offsprings, thats how it works, over and over again. You will do the same to your children without realising it, thinking that you are only teaching them how to be safe. You can control a fearful crowd with great ease.

Submit reply
      TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 20, 2010
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      What newspaper do you read/prefer?
      Useful resources
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.