Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Passive personality and nationality-based jurisdiction in international criminal law Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey all, am in the midst of writing an essay on jurisdiction in international criminal law. I've looked at the basics--Shaw, Harris's Cases and Materials, the Harvard Draft. Most recent articles seem to deal with universal jurisdiction, which is of course of immense interest, and will probably occupy the focus of most of my essay. Territorial jurisdiction is straight-forward, and protective jurisdiction doesn't seem to pose particular problems. I am struggling to find case law in point on passive personality and nationality-based jurisdiction. Joyce v DPP seems partly in point on nationality-based (though that case is also about protective jurisdiction, and in any case it's somewhat anomalous). The Lotus case wasn't decided on passive personality. Any suggestions for good articles or cases on these heads of jurisdiction? At the moment I'm chiefly interested in prescriptive rather than enforcement jurisdiction. Cheers, everyone!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.