Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone else deleted FB recently? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I just deleted my FB account as i have got sick of the whole social networking thing. Has anyone else done this recently? How did it go? Do you just stay in touch with people by phone and email now?

ReputationRep:
    I've found that the only people that delete Facebook are the attention whores.
    No joke.

ReputationRep:
    I did.

You learn a lot from deleting your FB.

You find out whose actually interested in making an effort to keep in contact with you.

Whose bday's you actually give a **** about (I memorized some before I deleted).

You realize FB is an outlet of your personal thoughts, but not only that you become preoccupied with people's live, rather than focusing on your own.

I've been fine without FB, might reactivate it in some months, but right now I just wanna be off the social radar and be by myself.

Hence the excessive posts on TSR to replace my addiction.

ReputationRep:
    So why did you get sick of it?
    off topic but I found this's really funny:
    http://francisbaptiste.com/blog/wp-c...alNetwork2.jpg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn11)
    I did.

You learn a lot from deleting your FB.

You find out whose actually interested in making an effort to keep in contact with you.

Whose bday's you actually give a **** about (I memorized some before I deleted).

You realize FB is an outlet of your personal thoughts, but not only that you become preoccupied with people's live, rather than focusing on your own.

I've been fine without FB, might reactivate it in some months, but right now I just wanna be off the social radar and be by myself.

Hence the excessive posts on TSR to replace my addiction.
    You summed up everything I was feeling/thinking. Wow.

Rep 2moro (Y)

ReputationRep:
    If you feel the need to delete Facebook because it's negatively affecting your life, you're the problem. You either have an obsessive personality or take things to heart too easily.

ReputationRep:
    What's the point in deleting your Facebook? What are you actually going to achieve by doing that?

ReputationRep:
    I was going to delete it, but didn't.Now someone has added me who I didn't really want to talk to and I can't reject her friend request without causing hassle elsewhere.Facebook is gay.

ReputationRep:
    If your sick of Facebook then why don't you just not go on it? If you get sick of talking to someone you wouldn't murder them would you?

ReputationRep:
    i dont see the point of making a thread about deleting facebook, no one cares. You just keep in touch with people the way you did before by phonecalls, texting,emails, bbm, msn etc etc

ReputationRep:
    No, I like to be able to see the pictures from nights out.

ReputationRep:
    I deleted it because i found that it made me lazy. For example, rather than ring friends up to see how they were and arrange things, i would just ask on Facebook. I managed to live perfectly well without FB so i don't think i will be missing out on much. I also found that when i went on FB, i would be on for about half an hour a day. Which to me is just time wasted. I'm going to leave this online world and spend more time in the real world!

ReputationRep:
    No but a family member did after being convinced that it is run by the CIA..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by talllondonboy)
    I deleted it because i found that it made me lazy. For example, rather than ring friends up to see how they were and arrange things, i would just ask on Facebook. I managed to live perfectly well without FB so i don't think i will be missing out on much. I also found that when i went on FB, i would be on for about half an hour a day. Which to me is just time wasted. I'm going to leave this online world and spend more time in the real world!
    Said as you type on an internet forum LOL

ReputationRep:
    I deleted it. I realised that i didnt give a monkeys about "judith's holiday snaps Pt.2" or that "graham is contemplating the meaning of sugar puffs". And you are right, its because i was addicted to it. I wanted it away from me. The only way was to delete. Now I stalk my friends in real life. Much more entertaining.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rawwwwr!)
    Said as you type on an internet forum LOL
    Haha, i'm glad you noticed my joke! Think this is my 10th post on TSR and probably the last...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by talllondonboy)
    Haha, i'm glad you noticed my joke! Think this is my 10th post on TSR and probably the last...
    Hahaha, you'll come back, everybody does

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yousif92)
    I deleted it. I realised that i didnt give a monkeys about "judith's holiday snaps Pt.2" or that "graham is contemplating the meaning of sugar puffs". And you are right, its because i was addicted to it. I wanted it away from me. The only way was to delete. Now I stalk my friends in real life. Much more entertaining.
    Lol so true, it's the most pretentious thing in the world and I sortof liked the fact that the majority of people have it and I don't. That being said it does certainly have it's benefits - so may resurrect it for uni, even though i've seen how addictive it can be.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flowermaster91)
    i dont see the point of making a thread about deleting facebook, no one cares. You just keep in touch with people the way you did before by phonecalls, texting,emails, bbm, msn etc etc
    Shut up. Delete your Facebook and see if anyone cares.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Hugs of course :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    Shut up. Delete your Facebook and see if anyone cares.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Hugs of course :hugs:
    **** you ***** :upyours:

Spoiler:
    Show
    :fan:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 21, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.