Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

a guy likes me but friend is secretly liking him to..what should i do? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    my friend said to me that she is developing a feeling towards this guy but the guy is liking me instead. the guy doesn't know that my friend likes him...in this situation i am the only one who knows,,...

ReputationRep:
    3some FTW!

ReputationRep:
    You should do whatever your heart and head is telling you, and if they're telling you different things ask your feet.

ReputationRep:
    Do you like him back? In case you do, there's no point in holding back because of your friend, it won't make you a saint. It's just unfortunate for your friend that things turned this way. However, you should probably tell them both (unless you don't like the guy yourself). I was in a similar position as your friend few years ago, I liked a guy and all of my friends encouraged me to approach him and spend more time with him. Some time later I found out one of my friends and that guy were kind of dating for quite some time and everyone else knew, but they still encouraged me to make the move. I wasn't angry or upset with my friend for being with him, but I felt really ****ty and silly because no one told me. I don't know what was the point of this story really, however, if you like this guy and want to take it further I say go for it, but you should tell her. And even if you don't like him back you can still say to her you have a feeling he likes someone else, it's not like that's your fault. She's your friend, you don't want her to pine for him for months while you stand by knowing it's not gonna happen.

ReputationRep:
    How much does she like him? And how much do you like him?

ReputationRep:
    Give him a gobble.

ReputationRep:
    First of all, you can't ignore your friend's feeling..secondly, do you like that guy too?if not, you can be a matchmaker actually

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dalo)
    3some FTW!
    This is funny:laugh::rofl2::rofl::rofl3::starwars:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prinzessin)
    my friend said to me that she is developing a feeling towards this guy but the guy is liking me instead. the guy doesn't know that my friend likes him...in this situation i am the only one who knows,,...
    Sounds pretty clear cut. The guy isn't interested in your friend.

The issue then is whether you think you friend can see that and accept it and move on without being bitter.

Yes?, get with this guy, go on from there.

No?, decide whether you prefer your friendship over this guy.

Yes?, move on and forget the bloke.

Best of luck.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 20, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.