Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I think I've found my next car ! Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've long been a fan of Subaru's and ran an Impreza for three years, which was the best car I've owned. 100% reliable, stunningly fast and amazingly capable. Sure, it drank like Oliver Reed after a dozen salt tablets, but it was worth every penny for the thrill and excitement it gave on the road.

A Subaru-owner friend of mine chopped his in for an Ariel Atom, and so began another endless fantasy of owning one of those. Anyone who thinks they own a fast car such as a Scoob, BMW M or whatever needs to experience the ferocity of these machines. They will re-adjust your concept of speed, in a BIG way.

Well, now I can have the best of both worlds with the SDR V-Storm WR3.....

sdr Sports Cars the kit car manufacture of component cars]Company Website

With that iconic boxer engine in the Japanese STi spec hitting 280bhp (before tuning) with a potential for easily over 400, bolted into a 740kg (inc engine) exoskeleton chassis, it's a recipe for insanity. And at a price that won't see you skulking away with your shoulders drooped. At about £20k it is about half the price of a similar spec Atom

Here's a review by a fellow Scooby fan.... CLICKY

You can even buy them as DIY kits even cheaper, so I might see if my Dad fancies a weekend project

ReputationRep:
    i love these <3 especially as you're sitting in the centre:'D it's like a caterham on 'roids (and extra naked - at least the caterham has actual body pannels on the sides.....)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Walter Ego)
    With that iconic boxer engine in the Japanese STi spec hitting 280bhp (before tuning) with a potential for easily over 400, bolted into a 740kg (inc engine) exoskeleton chassis, it's a recipe for insanity. And at a price that won't see you skulking away with your shoulders drooped. At about £20k it is about half the price of a similar spec Atom
    Beautiful mate. So ****ing jealous lol.

You enjoy that beast!

ReputationRep:
    Wait 'til you see the new Atom. It features two Suzuki Hayabusa bike engines (1400cc each, a mere 170bhp per motor) melded into a V8 engine. Then turbocharged. Because, obviously, a 340bhp car that weighs as much as a potato would struggle to get up hills otherwise...

Aaaaanywho, you'll be seeing it on a very popular motoring programme in the near future...

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to see you trying to take it anywhere in the next month or two

If you do get it, take it to the shetland islands. I live there when not at uni, it is, frankly, the best driving place I know of. 2000 miles of road, one speed camera

ReputationRep:
    Why would you embarrass yourself in one of those? Or waste £25000 on it?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesyB)
    Why would you embarrass yourself in one of those? Or waste £25000 on it?!
    Because life shouldn't be about how you look to others, more about how much fun you're having, and that car is fun in a big way.

(Original post by Miraclefish)
    Wait 'til you see the new Atom..... V8
    Seen it, but they're all sold out, and were over £120k :eek:

ReputationRep:
    It could really do with some head restraints for the passengers.
    I got rear-ended recently and got fairly badly concussed with a serious neck injury on soft peugeot headrests.
    If you're a passenger in that it looks like your head will meet steel bar fairly quickly, which would probably have been fatal in my case...

ReputationRep:
    You'd normally wear a helmet whilst driving these ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NOBODY MOVE!)
    i love these <3 especially as you're sitting in the centre:'D it's like a caterham on 'roids (and extra naked - at least the caterham has actual body pannels on the sides.....)
    It's not for you. It's for men. Sorry.

ReputationRep:
    If I were to buy a fast car today, it would be the Nissan GT-R.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joel4fun4u)
    It's not for you. It's for men. Sorry.
    only for men? damn.... what a shame you can't drive it then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iorek)
    If I were to buy a fast car today, it would be the Nissan GT-R.
    At 3x the price of this car, and with Nissan watching your every move. Go near a track and they log it via GPS and insist on a service almost immediately after. Fail to do so and it's goodbye warranty on your £60k Datsun. Similarly, if you try modding it, the ECU reports it and on your own wallet be it if anything dies. I'd also state that the Nissan wouldn't know where the SDR had gone on track, but it would be a much better everyday car, obviously

ReputationRep:
    Awesome!

But...I would still have a Honda F20C powered Westfield! I know the Atom is better handling and more raw, but...I just prefer the look of a Westie!

Awful lot of power for the money though!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, you will love driving it in the rain and snow and when its cold, you will also love going shopping with it. Its just too unpractical.

ReputationRep:
    I think you misunderstand. I'd have a £400 old diesel estate car for doing all the mundane crap that cars normally have to do, and keep the toy for trackdays, sunny days and making me smile, A LOT !

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe people are thinking you would have this as a daily drive! LOL!!!!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.