Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    HI guys,
    I've chosen to do my TOK Presentation on
    "Demonstrations in China against the issue of the new history textbook in Japan"
    (and History, Politics and Ethic are the areas of my problem)
    I know that i could use the US admitting their atrocity act in Vietnam and Japan to argue that why wouldn't Japan admit their war crimes.
    however.... I still don't really know how to tackle the presentation:banghead:

HELP~ SOS~ thanks guys!

ReputationRep:
    i would say, start with your real-life situation and then get a knowledge issue out of it. from there, make an outline on how to answer your KI. the way i did it was consult my teacher on the KI and then make the presentation outline. it was a step by step process. and yeah, read a lot on the said topics. arguments must be in depth.
    hope that helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by voguita00)
    i would say, start with your real-life situation and then get a knowledge issue out of it. from there, make an outline on how to answer your KI. the way i did it was consult my teacher on the KI and then make the presentation outline. it was a step by step process. and yeah, read a lot on the said topics. arguments must be in depth.
    hope that helps.
    So, we are only supposed to deal with one knowledge issue in the TOK presentation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZuzaMagda)
    So we are only supposed to deal with one knowledge issue in the TOK presentation?
    nope you can deal with more than one. it depends mainly on how the knowledge issue is explored. make sure to use your ways of knowing to expand on the issue in the various areas of knowledge. FInally, your conclusion should be linked back to your knowledge issue

ReputationRep:
    So we are only supposed to deal with one knowledge issue in the TOK presentation?
    though there is no "rule" about this, I'd recommend analyzing only one knowledge issue into sufficient depth rather than trying to cover three or more knowledge issues in one presentation. you can't, in my opinion, show enough critical evaluation of various areas of knowledge, ways of knowing, arguments for and against, etc. for more than one KI in, say, a 15 minute presentation. present your real-life situation, "extract" the knowledge issue from it, and analyze it. that's all you need to do.

ReputationRep:
    yep. but in your arguments you can use sub-questions. with limited time constraints, i dont think u have time for more than one KIs. with TOK presentation, it's best if u work using the presentation criteria next to you. then you know what to do and what is expected of you.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.