Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Advice for a new world of warcraft player. Watch

ReputationRep:
    It's the holidays and what with the weather Iam completely bored. I have nothing much to do until the evenings if I can get out at all due to all this effing snow so I figured I would entertain myself by buying wow and all the expansions.I rolled an orc warrior, and Iam more interested in pvp side of things. Iam a bit lost as there seems to be all this lingo when I visited the forums.

I don't know anyone who plays this game in real life, so any advice would be great.

ReputationRep:
    get your money back
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    My advice: Don't do it.

ReputationRep:
    I don't play it but there was this thing on tv a while back about video game addiction.

Everyone said if they could go back they would never start playing.

So what if it's the holidays ? It's not a 2 week kind of game is it ?

I'm pretty sure if you start playing now it will affect your life negatively after the two weeks.

ReputationRep:
    Stop it before its too late!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheFlyingDutchman)
    I don't play it but there was this thing on tv a while back about video game addiction.

Everyone said if they could go back they would never start playing.

So what if it's the holidays ? It's not a 2 week kind of game is it ?

I'm pretty sure if you start playing now it will affect your life negatively after the two weeks.
    :roll: Not always. I can play without playing it obsessively, and I have uni offers.
    What advice were you looking for OP?

ReputationRep:
    just so i can find myself back, my boyfriends bought me it for christmas x

ReputationRep:
    Get Fallout instead, so after the two weeks, you still have a soul.

ReputationRep:
    jus' play runescape dawg...
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Quit while you still dont devote your life to the game

ReputationRep:
    every 10 levels the quests repeat themselves, the character to kill is the same but a different colour and you looting the same thing with a diff name, just stop, burn it, and go get halo.

ReputationRep:
    You are soon going to be the envy of all your friends (if you have any left that is)

ReputationRep:
    WHY? JUST WHY? Uhhh.....:headfire::facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    Stop. Save yourself and get out while you still have a chance...

ReputationRep:
    Why so much hate for this game, just because it's easy to get obsessed? Doesn't that mean it has accomplished its role as an enticing role player game? I've never played (COD all the way), but I've always thought it looks like a good game.

ReputationRep:
    I've only ever really played the Battle grounds on my mates account. I captured the flag twice :sexface:. It was fun.

ReputationRep:
    There are good games to be obsessed with, and there are bad games to be obsessed with. You can play this and become obsessed with it, but you'll lose all friends and social standing, while having to endure the illiterate dribble from other World of Warcraft players. If you want something to pass the time, play COD, Halo Reach, or as mentioned, Fallout!

ReputationRep:
    1) Don't play the god damn game! Waste of time, energy and you'll let yourself go (hygienically) (No I have not had the same hygiene experience).

2) If you do choose to play the game don't trade your pants with anybody...

ReputationRep:
    Wave goodbye to sex?

ReputationRep:
    Don't play it. It's absolutely ***** now. Burning Crusade was the best.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.