The Student Room Group

Has Media ruined my life?

Scroll to see replies

End it all. There is no longer a point in life. You might have to go somewhere that isn't in the top five..

That's right. You heard me.
Reply 21
Ive taken Media Sudies as an AS level, but im not applying for top unis and it links in well with English.
My friend has got offers from Birmingham and Liverpool for psyc and shes taken Media as an A Level so I doubt most unis will care if youve taken it for GCSE
Original post by TheSownRose
Art (3D design) ... but it was all clay and pots, so I just call it pottery GCSE.

Ah right, fair enough. I suspected it was something to do with Art or D&T :smile:
Original post by TheHistoryBoy

Original post by TheHistoryBoy
I did well in my GCSEs, getting 8 A*s and 2 As. However, I now really regret taking two of my GCSE options; Business and Communication Systems and Media Studies. Looking back, I should really have taken more academic subjects, and I would now have loved to have carried on with a language.

I took Philosophy, Psychology, English Literature and History for A-Level.

Will these bad choices effect me getting into Uni? I've been told that I should be aiming for some of the top ones.

Oh I thought you meant at A-level or even at university level.

They're GCSEs, and you got 8A*s 2As (so that would include Maths, English and Science).

You're fine.
Reply 24
I don't think unis give a crap about GCSE's tbh I got 8 A's 2b's and 4 c's and I still managed to get offers from Nottingham, Sussex and UEA so long as you have a bad-ass personal statement, good AS level results, good predictions and your reference is superb then i'm sure they wouldn't care!
Reply 25
If you have to ask this question, I don't think you should be aiming for the top universities :smile:

Seriously though, don't worry, they won't care.
Reply 26
I think history was a bigger waste of your time, I mean who accepts students who take subjects like that anymore? :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending