Are we moaning too much of the weather

during the winter we moan its too cold

in the summer we moan that its too hot

is there no pleasing us

what do you think

ReputationRep:
    Funny moaning, no?

ReputationRep:
    Moaning is good for you apparently. You must be in good health.

ReputationRep:
    It's the one thing we might be best at the world at so I don't think we should discurage it.

ReputationRep:
    I am moaning because I am waiting at gatwick airport for my flight which was meant to leave at 18.45 last night, damn British weather

ReputationRep:
    God I **** ing hate it when people moan. Why can't they just not moan? Ooooooooouuurrrggggghhhhhhh.

ReputationRep:
    a little bit of moaning but its fine i gues..the other countries (LEDC) are just so used to poor conditions in wwather and anything that they dont moan anymore..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Menakshelatte)
    a little bit of moaning but its fine i gues..the other countries (LEDC) are just so used to poor conditions in wwather and anything that they dont moan anymore..
    "If you've you've known is ****, you don't complain when you get given ****"

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it is, in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure about moaners, but we are definitely a nation of queuers...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    "If you've you've known is ****, you don't complain when you get given ****"
    yh

i mean we moan about how hot or cold it is..then again places like switzerland have much more cold and Egypt has much more yet they're not like us

ReputationRep:
    We could win competitions in moaning.

ReputationRep:
    It pisses me off when the winter comes and every one complains that the government aren't doing enough so they can't get any where.

Did you buy snow tyres, or a car cover?
    Did you get a backup bottle of antifreeze?
    Did you buy stocks of dry food in cas you were snowed in?
    Did you make sure you have grit?

DID YOU KNOW WINTER WAS COMING AT ALL?

Ignorant people. Not everything can be left to the government

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shadow99)
    We could win competitions in moaning.
    But then we'd moan about it because it would be for moaning.

ReputationRep:
    Like, MOANERS moaners?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain92)
    Not sure about moaners, but we are definitely a nation of queuers...
    I much prefer our system of queuing to the system in spain and especially Italy, they just push each other out the way and crowd around wherever they're trying to get.
    Its infuriating. But then again, i'm good at elbowing people so i usually end up near the front.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, the UK are a nation of Moaners. We moan about everything and always try to blame someone else for the crap that happens in our day.
    Petrol prices have gone up - governments fault
    Road delays - governments fault
    Crappy wages - governments fault
    job losses - governments fault.

I woke up with a head ache and really bad bed hair - now that is defo the governments fault.

ReputationRep:
    just to confirm; I ain't no politician - in fact I think the government are a bunch of haemorrhoids walking around in suits. oooops now I'm moaning.
    I tell you what is worth moaning about, when some one constantly nicks your wheel trims of the car that you bought out of your hard earned cash.
    And you can't do a thing about it - apart from keep replacing them.
    Now that is worth a moan.

ReputationRep:
    Moaning is a good way to make conversation. For example with people who are also waiting for a bus that is painfully late.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain92)
    Oh definitely. I went to Russia last year with my school and our group spent about 15mins standing in McDonalds in Moscow, wondering why we weren't moving forwards... Little did we realise everyone else was just stealthily edging past us lol.
    Lmao that's hilarious

When i went to Italy we stopped at a service station and our tutor told us to queue up at the food counter, so we did, and an Italian man working there came over and said "You never have food if you stand there, you need to push" (or words to that effect, i think he actually used a pushing motion instead of the word push) haha, when we all piled in, Sarah, our tutor, was annoyed at us for being rude :L

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.