Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i have applied for pharamcy and got an intervew soon, how does the interview go, what do they ask you? do you need to bring in anything? what kind of questions should you ask them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harveen)
    i have applied for pharamcy and got an intervew soon, how does the interview go, what do they ask you? do you need to bring in anything? what kind of questions should you ask them?
    Interviews tend to vary from university to university. I might be able to help you if you can be a bit more specific. Which uni is it? I will give you an example of my interview. These were some of the questions asked by Medway in my interview. As I have already posted this in other threads, I a just going to copy it. I will just bullet point the important things to save your time. So here it goes :

- Why Pharmacy?
    - Why Kent?
    - Qualities and skills required by a pharmacist
    - Basic arithmetic questions e.g. 9% of 200
    - Work experience, if any
    - Short questionnaire regarding health to ensure you can practice pharmacy safely
    - Q&A at the end
    - Interview was 30 mins long
    - More of a conversation
    - Wear something smart
    - Familiarise yourself with your personal statement
    - Don't stress yourself over it
    - Talk naturally

Obviously there were no chemistry related questions asked but I have heard that some unis might give you scrap paper and ask you to draw the structure of aspirin/paracetamol.

ReputationRep:
    If you want to search for a specific university...then you can look for old threads.

Otherwise for interview questions and general pharmacy degree information have a look at the Pharmacy degree guide

ReputationRep:
    thank you, that helped alot, i have applied to reading, portsmouth, hertfordshire, de montford and kingston.

ReputationRep:
    thank you, that helped alot, i have applied to reading, portsmouth, hertfordshire, de montford and kingston.
    hii

i applied to dmu and portsmouth for pharmacy but havent herd anything from them yet? Have you herd anything??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ifti999)
    hii

i applied to dmu and portsmouth for pharmacy but havent herd anything from them yet? Have you herd anything??
    I have also applied to DMU and Portsmouth. I applied to Portsmouth back in October and only received an offer on the 3rd of December. So I wouldn't worry too much if I was you and as far as DMU is considered, I received a letter from them saying that due to the high number of applicants this year, they will not be giving out any offers/interviews before the 15th of January so don't expect anything from them any time soon. Hope this helps

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.