Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do you eat for Christmas? Watch

ReputationRep:
    This is what we eat over here.

A carp and a potato salad. Pretty boring.

Spit roast piglet.

ReputationRep:
      Unfortunately, being a vegetarian at Christmas only means 1 thing...

ReputationRep:
      Get a sort of hot/cold-buffet type thing going with all the typicals:
      turkey
      roast potatoes
      roasted veggies
      pigs in blankets
      salad
      cheese
      etc.

We tend to go to the aunt and uncles with about 50 other members of the fam.

ReputationRep:
      Turkey, Stuffing, Parsnips, Pigs in blankets, Chipolatas, Roasties, Brussels & Bacon, Gravy, Cranberry Sauce, Peas Carrots. And a glass of wine/lemonade or port & lemonade.

Seriously you will be stuck in your seat for an hour before you even think about trying to move. Yummy.

ReputationRep:
      19 members of the family.

Bitings : Sausage wrapped with bacon
      Cheese pineapple olive on sticks
      Sausage rolls
      Crisps
      etc

Starters: Usually 2 different kinds, one a soup, the other something different and exciting

Christmas meal : Turkey, Potatoes, Brussel Sprouts, Stuffing, and the rest

Pudding:
      Cheeseboard
      Indian Tea or plain coffee
      Christmas Cake (with brandy of course)]
      Mince pies

I love making special menus beforehand

Turkey, pigs in blankets, stuffing, yorkshire puddings, mashed/new potatoes, various vegetables. All with gravy.

Then christmas pudding and profiteroles for dessert

ReputationRep:
        Christmas day we go to my aunties house and have like a buffet dinner with all the usual buffet stuff, and followed by ice cream or christmas pudding.
        Then on Boxing day my aunt and uncle come to ours and they have a proper christmas dinner, though I have salmon instead of turkey cause I dont eat meat/poultry =]

ReputationRep:
        Typical British Christmas lunch - turkey, pork, roast potatoes, mashed potatoes, parsnips, sprouts, gravy, stuffing, yorkshire puddings, pigs in blankets, carrots, peas, etc.
        Then Christmas pudding for pudding, we don't eat our Christmas cake until New Year for some reason.
        Aaaand lots of Quality Street

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
      Useful resources
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.