Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

*Is it true that you can tell the hairdresser to cut whatever hairstyle you want? watch

ReputationRep:
    I usually let my friends cut my hair for me and have never been to a salon before so my question is can you tell the hairdresser to cut whatever you want??
    Thanks
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Yes it is true!

ReputationRep:
    No, I think you show up and they decide what to do.

Seemed to be what my old ones did anyway. So much better now my aunt (formerly a hairdresser) does it - she listens when I ask her to just even out the bottom and take away the least possible. :love:

ReputationRep:
    ...why would that not be the case?

ReputationRep:
    This guy did:

ReputationRep:
    No. What they do, is put all possible styles in a hat, pick one out, and that's what you have to get.

How do you think Britney got caught out?

ReputationRep:
    Yes you can do this, but I never do lol.
    I let the hairdresser use their judgement to do summat that'll (hopefully) suit me.
    It's worked okish so far

ReputationRep:
    Well you ARE paying them so they have to do what you want! Just don't cry like a little ***** when you've chosen the wrong style. :p:

I chose to have a bob with it short at the back and long at the front. Was my own choice but they made it less exaggerated and longer layers so it suits my horse-face.

Use their expertise to good use.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes you have to argue, they like telling you what they think to show off their hair knowledge... stick to your guns though, and they will do what you say. Eventually.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Yes, but I would recommend asking what they think if you want a drastic change.

ReputationRep:
    I had long straight hair at the beginning of this year and now it's been "updated" by some goddamn Italian with scissor happy hands!

Wasn't all bad I suppose but he made me nervous with his furious cutting and italian jibber jabber

ReputationRep:
    well you are paying them, so i'd imagine so...
    whether or not they do a good job is the real question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dalo)
    I usually let my friends cut my hair for me and have never been to a salon before so my question is can you tell the hairdresser to cut whatever you want??
    Thanks
    Yes in answer to the post, but I swear your Avatar had me trying to swat the screen for about five minutes...

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.