The Student Room Group

Can I sue the local kebab shop? How much compensation could I get?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by street.lovin'
Ohhhhh I see. Sorry. I always misunderstoodwhat people say please forgive me. :frown:

So basically they advertised something that they do not have. :smile:

We sell loads of cards at work with the picture from your avatar on them. /pointless information :smile:
Original post by lukas1051
It's a well known fact that multipack cans are 70 micrometers thick as opposed to the 90 micrometer thickness used in individual cans - it's to reduce costs. If I was to accidentally rip the can open and slice my arm on it how about then?

hopefully it slices your throat...effin pube!!!
Reply 42
Original post by viksta1000
hopefully it slices your throat...effin pube!!!

I'm sorry, that's just uncalled for. People in this thread are calling me a troll for merely asking a question, but it is OK to wish death on me?
Hahahah good one mate.
Reply 44
Original post by sango
Why did you highlight that? I see nothing else.

because pleb
If anyone was wronged it was Coca-Cola. You know, that multi-million dollar company. Somehow I doubt they would give a **** about an extra 5p of revenue they were supposed to get from some random kebab shop.
And you weren't wronged at all, you got your Coke.

I feel dumb replying as if this is serious but... you never know, there are some idiotic people on here.
I'm sorry, that's just uncalled for. People in this thread are calling me a troll for merely asking a question, but it is OK to wish death on me?

Never mentioned death mate...just a deep cut that's all :biggrin:

but seriously, it is abit of a sad idea...i mean you got your kebab, you got your chips, and you got your coke (although be it in a irregular dimension for purpose according to your claim), and for £4...BARGAIN!!!

and if you do end up being sad enough to sue, what you gonna get, a lifetime supply for multipack cokes :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
Wow, you really have nothing better to do, don't you? Seriously, :lolwut:
Reply 48
It's a well known fact that multipack cans are 70 micrometers thick as opposed to the 90 micrometer thickness used in individual cans - it's to reduce costs. If I was to accidentally rip the can open and slice my arm on it how about then?

Then you would be sued by the human race for damaging the gene pool.
Reply 49
Original post by TheSownRose
Haven't got a clue, never find stand ups funny.

I've posted about my experience with the bread and low-fat spread roll before; maybe it's familiar from TSR?

Wow, there's a sign I spend too much time on TSR...
What exactly would you be suing for? It is not your problem that the can is a multipack can, it is Coca Cola's.

Please, just think about things for a minute before posting because you're opening up to people who will call you all sorts for your stupidity.
Reply 51
I would go for it, it CLEARLY says on the can not for resale and thats exactly what they have done, they have betrayed cola and you, the customer
Reply 52
Original post by NeonSkies
What exactly would you be suing for? It is not your problem that the can is a multipack can, it is Coca Cola's.

Please, just think about things for a minute before posting because you're opening up to people who will call you all sorts for your stupidity.

It is entirely my problem, it severely damages me ego. I don't want people to see me drinking from multipack cans like some kind of cheapskate.
Reply 53
Are you still drunk?
Go for it - take it to a solicitor - you could try one of those on the telly - you know the one with the woman with the really short fringe that falls over on a wet floor.

They will take up any case :wink:
:rofl:

:facepalm:
It is entirely my problem, it severely damages me ego. I don't want people to see me drinking from multipack cans like some kind of cheapskate.

I'm guessing you're the kind of person who is snobby over which supermarket people go to then?

Sainsbury's is so much better than Farmfoods, Asda, Netto etc. according to some people even though half the stuff is identical to that sold in the latter stores, for half the price. Who is the real idiot wasting their money here?

Nobody cares what you're drinking, just get a grip.
Reply 56
Original post by AskMeAnything

Stealer.

Oh crap. Had not seen anyone else with it.

Guess ill have to find another one.
Reply 57
Original post by NeonSkies
I'm guessing you're the kind of person who is snobby over which supermarket people go to then?

Sainsbury's is so much better than Farmfoods, Asda, Netto etc. according to some people even though half the stuff is identical to that sold in the latter stores, for half the price. Who is the real idiot wasting their money here?

Nobody cares what you're drinking, just get a grip.

I'm trying to get compensation because of a £4 kebab and chips meal, which I thoroughly enjoyed I'll have you know - do I sound like a snob?
Are you the person who made a thread about a week ago wanting to sue their kebab shop for charging them for a large kebab when they ordered a medium?
Reply 59
Original post by PhoenixFortune
Are you the person who made a thread about a week ago wanting to sue their kebab shop for charging them for a large kebab when they ordered a medium?

Nope... did you ever find out how their case went however?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending