The Student Room Group

I am sick

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wilzyy
Sounds like you work in some kinda anti-hell xD.
Where do you work/ what do you work as ?

doesn't Dante decribe the lowest level of hell as ice?:tongue:

Just a supermarket, well I say supermarket Iceland is in between I guess. On the days I work I generally run the frozen section, most of the day is upstairs at a lovely -20c.
Reply 21
Original post by joey11223
XI love the image in your sig, it's awesome. Though the quote's a fail for me.
Original post by Yawn11
I love the image in your sig, it's awesome. Though the quote's a fail for me.

Religious? Apologies. At the time of death I guess we'll see the truth, or not If I'm right, which by the way is a real bastard! If those without faith are correct to think there is no afterlife, they are never aware of this fact. Where as if a religious person is incorrect, they never have to face that fact.
Reply 23
Original post by isawsparks89
How can you know that you're colder than everyone else?

You're an idiot.
You're probably stressed...I'm still stressed after 3 months, and I think the weather is a big factor. I think I suffer from SAD, perhaps you do too.

But TRUST me, you don't want to develop physical stress symptoms because they are horrible and will start a vicious circle with your mind, seeing as you worry a lot as it is.
I remember for me, it started off with the loss of appetite then developed to chest pains and palpitations, panic attacks and a whole cocktail of symptoms and I am still suffering.

Speak to your GP if no one really listens at home, and it is confidential and you'll be given much better health advice suited for YOUR needs.

Good luck!
Reply 25
Religious? Apologies. At the time of death I guess we'll see the truth, or not If I'm right, which by the way is a real bastard! If those without faith are correct to think there is no afterlife, they are never aware of this fact. Where as if a religious person is incorrect, they never have to face that fact.

It wasn't the relgious bit that bothered. It was just that it was too great of a generalization is all, a simplistic over-view? I dunno, I'm struggling to find the right words on it.

Anyway following your las point, that's not completely true. See as there are different religions, if a religious person is incorrect about their own and whilst another is correct about their own, it would be a fact that the incorrect would have to face.

Though to my knowledge at one point man kind shared one belief, and at some point mankind may have all shared the same belief, but increase, in population, different views etc, causing a break.

That's partly why I've got a personal belief in a higher power/God, rather than a solid a religion, because there's so many, and some share strong similarities, whose to say at this point who is correct? We can't be blamed for inorrect beliefs because it is what was passed onto most of us.

Having said, I do follow is Islam, as it does correlate greatly with my scientific beliefs and I find it most realistic (I'm sure that's hard for any atheist to understand though).
Original post by somebodytolove
I am feeling much much colder than normal people. I have terrible headaches plus my appetite has reduced so much. I have lost around 8 kilos in the past one month and it's not through any exercise.

Get checked out for Diabetes.
Anyone can be anorexic. This thread is funny. At first I was considering calling in a moderator to delete but you seem to be making such a prize fool of yourself OP. It would be a crime to get this removed. You are a troll a very amusing one. I second with Sango. This would make good viewing for my sig
Shame.
I'm male

I assumed you were male. Those things I recommended were not just for anorexic people, but for everyone who wants a healthy life. They're the basics. Follow those tips for some time, then go to the doctor if you still feel bad.

If you eat weed well don't be surprised if you feel ill.
Reply 30
you cant be anorexic if your male btw, so he is right
Reply 31
Original post by otilov
you cant be anorexic if your male btw, so he is right

are you retarded? of course they can! and you only have to type the two words into google to see that they can be. now go be unintelligent somewhere else, fool.
Reply 32
Is this about bashing him for making a stupid comment or is this about providing him with a little bit of support; there are bigger issues here.

OP, you need to see your GP and tell him all about your problems, your social problems, too. Councilling should be made available to you.
Because I can't be anorexic if I'm male.

LOL of course you can!

But it sounds like you're just suffering from stress, to be honest with you.
Original post by Gemma :)!
LOL of course you can!

But it sounds like you're just suffering from stress, to be honest with you.

Stress from what though? I mean, I do have a couple of issues like where I'm going to be studying next year, but that's common right..it's nothing exceptional. Also, along with feeling really cold, I tend to have joint pain. Also, I'm 20 and living at home(Long story, warrants a different thread) and staying at home with 4 other family members at this age is really getting to me as well.
Stress from what though? I mean, I do have a couple of issues like where I'm going to be studying next year, but that's common right..it's nothing exceptional. Also, along with feeling really cold, I tend to have joint pain. Also, I'm 20 and living at home(Long story, warrants a different thread) and staying at home with 4 other family members at this age is really getting to me as well.

Things can get to you without you even realising it, sometimes.
Reply 36
ha well that's a problem because i ate some weed 2 weeks ago. it will still be in my blood stream and i could end up arrested.

Have you applied for the Jeremy Kyle show?
ha well that's a problem because i ate some weed 2 weeks ago. it will still be in my blood stream and i could end up arrested.

:facepalm: They're not going to look under a microscope and see lots of tiny cannabis leaves dancing about in your blood. Drugs will only show up if they're specifically testing for them. Just go see a doctor.
Original post by Yawn11

Having said, I do follow is Islam, as it does correlate greatly with my scientific beliefs and I find it most realistic (I'm sure that's hard for any atheist to understand though).

Compared to Christianity it is more realistic in my opinion. In fact..hmm it probably is one of the less ridiculous. Personally If I was to ever consider the likelyhood of a living being being responsible for the creation of the Universe I'd probably go down the Deist route in that the being does not have the human qualities we apply to mainstream religions (love, anger, jealousy, spite etc). It doesn't concern itself with us at all on a personal level, and there is likely no afterlife. It's more like a scientist watching it's experiment, but it cares not about the results. It wouldn't directly create us in it's image, we are the process of evolution, it just started the Universe and watches basically.

One thing though, what do you think about Kuffar being doomed to Jahannam? I've learnt of Islam and yet I refuse to believe it and along with most faiths criticise it greatly. As with a heretic I will not be saved at any point from Jahannam, since bad Muslims are taken out at a certain time I believe. Unlike the Bible which is rather vague about what happens in Hell, the Qu'ran is quite specific and it is a tad disturbing don't you think..the sort of being which could make such a place...
Reply 39
Compared to Christianity it is more realistic in my opinion. In fact..hmm it probably is one of the less ridiculous. Personally If I was to ever consider the likelyhood of a living being being responsible for the creation of the Universe I'd probably go down the Deist route in that the being does not have the human qualities we apply to mainstream religions (love, anger, jealousy, spite etc). It doesn't concern itself with us at all on a personal level, and there is likely no afterlife. It's more like a scientist watching it's experiment, but it cares not about the results. It wouldn't directly create us in it's image, we are the process of evolution, it just started the Universe and watches basically.

One thing though, what do you think about Kuffar being doomed to Jahannam? I've learnt of Islam and yet I refuse to believe it and along with most faiths criticise it greatly. As with a heretic I will not be saved at any point from Jahannam, since bad Muslims are taken out at a certain time I believe. Unlike the Bible which is rather vague about what happens in Hell, the Qu'ran is quite specific and it is a tad disturbing don't you think..the sort of being which could make such a place...

In all honesty I had to look up those words to refresh my memory of the meaning - far from the strictest of muslims.

But anyway, I get where you're coming from it's a contravesial topic.

I personally have been given graphic details about hell from Christians, and have been told plain and bluntly those who aren't Christian WILL go to hell. and not just that, at my college I was told those who aren't "Born Again" Christians would go to hell, so just being Christian wasn't enough. what makes religion complex is the differences within the religions. People outside religion don't always realize this, so when you have extremist such as terrorist or spiritual demon killers (christians that beat the demons out of people), they make a genereal judgement on the whole religion.

One difference I have learnt on the subject of Hell between Islam and Christianity, is the length. Christians will say all sins are equal etc, when one goes to hell it is for all eternity with no redemption. This frustrated me as it basically put simple white-lies in same league as commiting murder or adultery. Where as in Islam, because Allah is the most forgiving, hell is not eternal (and yes from what I've learnt the time at hell can be long, thousands of years infact, but it is rarely eternal). Which to me, just makes sense. As I've got atheist friends who I'd definitely admit would make way better muslims than me based on their lifestyle, the mind can't comprehend why they'd be condemned to an eternal hell, and I have better chance of entering paradise. But then again you could also argue the whole forgiveness.

It is, and will laways be a complex issue, that can only be answered like you said, in death.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending