Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Our favourite websites of 2010. Watch

ReputationRep:
    In this thread we post a short list of our favourite websites.

If this is thread becomes popular and everyone plays nice. Let's all ask the moderators very kindly of course to make this thread a sticky.

*Please note: Your list need not be comprised of only websites created in 2010 or websites you discovered in 2010 however you must post in this thread giving your current favourites before the end of 2010.

audible.com - Audible.com (Owned by Amazon.com) provides low cost audiobook versions of number 1 best selling fiction novels and some other very useful texts. It costs $7.49 for the first three months and then $14.95 per/month thereafter. I've been a member for quite some time and I'm very happy with their service. I've saved almost $30 on multiple occasions by becoming a member of audible.com

en.rian.ru - Russian International News Agency. It's very useful to gain greater understanding of just what is happening in the world. Of course being the 'state' news agency of Russia there may be some bias but consider that there is bias in Western state media too. I like to compare the stories on bbc.co.uk and cnn.com with en.rian.ru to find out exactly what's going on in regards to the major stories.

plentyoffish.com - Plenty of Fish. An online dating website. Who knows you may just find your soulmate. Please learn as much as you can before making any sort of comitment to another person. Though I am romantic too and cherish the leap of faith... (I'm not entirely sure whether to put a happy or a sad face here so instead I'll write: 'to be continued').

cyberelevation.com - Cyberelevation.com. Provides weekly motivational and inspirational video's. Aimed at those who want to change the world for the better.

Well that's my list! I hope you liked it. I've tried to include websites that no one else will mention. I'd like if you'd do the same however only if they're your favourites! Merry Christmas everyone .

ReputationRep:
    peppercats.ru - cute pics of cats also thepiratebay because i can torrent now with my new isp

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sasha grey)
    peppercats.ru - cute pics of cats also thepiratebay because i can torrent now with my new isp
    LMAO, Sasha Grey the skinny...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sasha grey)
    What language is your favourite website it? Then one on cats. I guess Greek! Am I right or wrong?

ReputationRep:
    Stumbleupon, choose categories and get randomly sent to websites people have recommended as being good related to your crtieria. Excellent way of discovering sites like those in this thread.

Google Reader, great way to aggregate all the news sites you read into one place in a web interface.

Google Calendar, sometimes craps out but otherwise it's an excellent calendar and to-do list. Can be synced with a number of devices (like my BB).

Project Gutenberg, free ebooks and audiobooks of books that have gone public domain. Loads of classics in there.

TED "TED is a conference held every year that brings innovators, inventors, intellectuals and ideas together. Most of the talks are approximately twenty minutes long and cover an incredible range of topics. It is impossible to spend time on this website and not be inspired."

Sickipedia Funny as ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AniMcD)
    What language is your favourite website it? Then one on cats. I guess Greek! Am I right or wrong?
    it's russian :emog:

ReputationRep:
    wikileaks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What time of year is the worst for students?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.