Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    so i have to buy my own car and pay for my own insurance and everything

so i was thinking about getting a vauxhall corsa, from 2002, 1.2l etc

they are about £1,500

roughly how much would insurance cost?
    how much do people pay? / what cars do you have?

i am 17/female!

ReputationRep:
    £1000 plus depending on where you are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seprena)

they are about £1,500

i am 17/female!
    Aviva insurance are good. I heard Tesco car insurance are good too.

You can easily cut your insurance quote in half if you insure the car in your parents name, especially if they have a long no claims bonus, and put yourself on the car as a second driver.

ReputationRep:
    Admiral seems to be good for newly passed/young drivers right now, it's where I got mine back in October and I knew a few others since.

The policy is in my name (3rd party ft) but adding both my parents as named drivers on it knocked it down a couple of hundred.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seprena)

they are about £1,500

i am 17/female!
    Get quotes to find out.
    It would cost at least £1000 though depending on the level of cover (fully comp, third party fire and theft), where you live, insurance company, if you have others as named drivers etc.
    Tesco, elephant, admiral, and diamond are quite cheap.

ReputationRep:
    as above around 1k
    but if u find a corsa c for 1.5 k just make sure it got fsh and the miles are not too high, cuz then you will get some hanky panky from repairs
    and dont insure it under u parents when u r the main drives like some idiot said
    i pay 2k for a corsa d, which is kinda fair for a lad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RELAXED)
    You can easily cut your insurance quote in half if you insure the car in your parents name, especially if they have a long no claims bonus, and put yourself on the car as a second driver.
    Or you could not do this and actually have valid insurance.

ReputationRep:
    www.confused.com

I would have thought this would be the first place that people go, instead of asking on here.

ReputationRep:
    I've found that the comparison sites quite high compared to when I actually ring the Insurance companies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dolly*daydream)
    I've found that the comparison sites quite high compared to when I actually ring the Insurance companies.
    thats true, to get the cheapest, start with he comparison sites, make a list of all the insurance companies u want to call/go on website
    then from there just visit/talk to each single one untill u get the best quote

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 23, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.