Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Don't suppose anyone here is into black metal/doom/hardcore? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I mainly post/lurk in the music forum because of the dubstep/electronic following it has, but I haven't seen anyone mention any metal beyond Slipknot, and that is usually to **** them off (rightly so I may add). So is anyone into it at all?

Check some of these out

EDIT- ****, fail at embedding

Amenra - Wear My Crown

Cobalt - Gin

Black Breath - Black Sin

Wolves In The Throne Room - I will lay down my bones with the rocks and the roots

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spikeooa)
    I mainly post/lurk in the music forum because of the dubstep/electronic following it has, but I haven't seen anyone mention any metal beyond Slipknot, and that is usually to **** them off (rightly so I may add). So is anyone into it at all?

Check some of these out

EDIT- ****, fail at embedding

Black Breath - Black Sin

Wolves In The Throne Room - I will lay down my bones with the rocks and the roots
    I like the Black Breath one. Generally I'm more into hardcore than metal/deathcore etc.

Stuff like Glassjaw, Refused, Cancer Bats, Kvelertak etc. Few samplings:

Glassjaw - Siberian Kiss

Kvelertak - Mjod

Refused - Refused are fking dead

ReputationRep:
    Black metal, I like 1349, Marduk and some of the earlier Dimmu Borgir stuff
    Doom, only band I really listen to is Rwake
    Don't listen to any hardcore

Is there any good Doom stuff you can recommend?

ReputationRep:
    I am.

ReputationRep:
    Not going to lie, it scares me a little bit. But I do truly envy you for being able to derive pleasure from this genre. After all, it's always better to enjoy something than not to. I don't suppose you listen to any hip-hop or classical music?

ReputationRep:
    In order of preference: hardcore > doom > black metal. I could so go for some Electric Wizard - Dopethrone right about now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willum Infanta)
    Electric Wizard
    Eyehategod
    Sleep
    Acid King

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willum Infanta)
    Black metal, I like 1349, Marduk and some of the earlier Dimmu Borgir stuff
    Doom, only band I really listen to is Rwake
    Don't listen to any hardcore

Listen to Sleep - Dopesmoker, its an hour of hazey stoner type doom

for other good doomy/drone stuff you should check out these too:

Sunn O)))
    Kehlvin
    Amenra
    Jesu
    Isis
    Overmars
    Neurosis
    High on Fire
    Godflesh
    Impure Wilhelmina

ReputationRep:
    Black metal no, I hav no idea what doom is, hardcore yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bramz19)
    Not going to lie, it scares me a little bit. But I do truly envy you for being able to derive pleasure from this genre. After all, it's always better to enjoy something than not to. I don't suppose you listen to any hip-hop or classical music?
    I listen to hip-hop as much as I listen to metal to be honest. I'm into a lot of music. I'm "into" classical in as much that I can casually listen to radio 3 and name the famous pieces at The Proms, but not really. Theres nothing to be scared of here though haha. I specifically made this thread because its kind of the anti-metal scene and its overlooked, or at least it is around my area. The messages in modern black metal/doom/hardcore is what attracts me to it, there's nothing scary or hateful about it. Music this beautiful could have only made with love.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Withered)
    I like the Black Breath one. Generally I'm more into hardcore than metal/deathcore etc.

Stuff like Glassjaw, Refused, Cancer Bats, Kvelertak etc. Few samplings:

Glassjaw - Siberian Kiss

Kvelertak - Mjod

Refused - Refused are fking dead
    Glassjaw are ace, and the shape of punk to come is one of the best albums of all time.

I'm listening mainly to architects, rolo tomassi and dillinger at the moment, and Lower than Atlantis new album which is sort of more grungey than hardcore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    Glassjaw are ace, and the shape of punk to come is one of the best albums of all time.

I'm listening mainly to architects, rolo tomassi and dillinger at the moment, and Lower than Atlantis new album which is sort of more grungey than hardcore.

Architects :coma: Tempted to get tickets for them with bmth and TDWP :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rawwwwr!)
    Architects :coma: Tempted to get tickets for them with bmth and TDWP :coma:
    Ewwwww. I'd probably go to see architects and leave before BMTH. I cant believe I havent seen architects yet

ReputationRep:
    I used to listen to quite a lot of death metal and a bit of black metal stuff, bit more into a lot of dubstep and grime type stuff these days but I still love extreme metal. Black metal stuff I like includes bands like Darkthrone, Marduk, 1349, Gorgoroth, Emperor, Bathory, Satyricon, Anaal Nathrakh, Dissection as well as some more crossover type stuff like Behemoth, Akercocke and Zyklon. As for death metal, Suffocation, Morbid Angel, Immolation, Defeated Sanity, Disgorge, Obituary, Deeds of Flesh, Pyrexia and Infected Disarray are the way to go.

ReputationRep:
    :mmm: I like doom metal moreso than black metal, I used to listen to it obsessively years ago but still listen to it now and again. I have a huge library full of it because I know I always get that urge to play some of the bands again.

ReputationRep:
    Gotta love modern BM for sheer novelty factor. Saw Gorgoroth at a festival and laughed my arse off. Death (and it's various melodic/progressive sub genres) is far more my idea of fun.

Doom? Well, I must confess that I haven't given it a proper listen. I like Cathedral as much as the next guy, but ask me to name one more Doom band and I struggle.

Hardcore is a bit of a guilty pleasure; I love anything with a vicious breakdown, but I prefer the earlier hardcore punk; Misfits are one of my all time favourites.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    Ewwwww. I'd probably go to see architects and leave before BMTH. I cant believe I havent seen architects yet

Hahaha a few people I know are doing that, seeing Architects, Parkway Drive, TDWP, then just leaving :rofl2:

Same I'm sure they're amazing live aswell

ReputationRep:
    As far as sub-genres of metal go, i'm not too good at distinguishing, but I don't mind listening to most of it. I'm a big Cradle of Filth fan, and massively into Children of Bodom (who I've seen classed as BM but I'm not too sure) but on the whole, I'm more into Thrash.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Black metal, definately!
    Doom metal, no with the exception of Pagan Alter
    Hardcore. Big NO NO!

Trying to build up a collection of good english bm bands. So far I've got forefather, fen (inb4drunkpunx), winterfylleth. I'll probably add iceni and wodensthrone once I get round to really listening to them (and once I've found enough online material to listen to. More suggestions welcome, provided that you don't say cradle of filth or some other commercial english bm band (not that I can think of any off the top of my head)
    I suppose I might add oakenshield too, he's pretty good but it's more folk metal than black metal....rather similar to falkenbach in many ways.

ReputationRep:
    Listen to Sleep - Dopesmoker, its an hour of hazey stoner type doom

for other good doomy/drone stuff you should check out these too:

Sunn O)))
    Kehlvin
    Amenra
    Jesu
    Isis
    Overmars
    Neurosis
    High on Fire
    Godflesh
    Impure Wilhelmina
    The inclusion of Godflesh, Isis and Jesu makes this the most *****ing post I've ever seen on TSR

I'm gonna take this **** to the next level. Let's post last fms, *****es.

http://www.last.fm/user/thrashster

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 17, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.