Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    It was fine since another girl moved in, myself and another girl were living together for only a few weeks. This new one is so selfish and a spoilt brat. She will take out her laptop and phone and start having full blown conversations to her friends and family. In the mean time her and the other flatmate make me feel very unwelcome in my own home, considering I live there too they go off and buy a couch and text me to say they want money for it. I hate going home, and its causing a strain with me and my boyfriend cos I'm so upset by it and talk about them non-stop. I cant move out cos of the lease. And I've said about feeling left out but nothings changed, the other girl is subletting from us. But I cant say I want her to leave. Please help. it was fine when she wasn't there

ReputationRep:
    I don't get the bit about her taking out her laptop etc. What's the problem? Does she do it loud and annoyingly?

I think you need to sit down with your flatmates properly and discuss this again.
    If they are going to buy something like a couch, you all need to discuss it and agree to it. Buying something without consulting you and then asking you to pay your share is out of order.
    Stand your ground!

ReputationRep:
    You need to stop comparing the current living situation to your previous one (without the spoilt girl), it'll only frustrate you. The things she's doing are harmless, but you're especially sensitive to them because you're comparing it to how it was before.

She doesn't seem to be doing anything that would warrant kicking her out. I'd recommend trying to get to know her as a friend, then her annoying mannerisms won't irritate you as much. Or at least you'd be close enough to ask her to dial it down, and she may not take it as personally. There's not much else you can do about it, tbh.

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand what's wrong with her having conversations with friends and family, please explain.

The couch thing, if it wasn't discussed with you then don't pay for it, simples. They have no right to charge you for something you weren't involved in.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry I should have explained. She'll take out her phone and laptop and start video calling and calling people while we're in the sitting room and watching tv etc. then she'll ask me to turn down the tv? I asked her could she not go to her room and she gave me an earful saying I should leave?? Shes so moody with me, and its so uncomfortable. I just feel really lonely in the house...

ReputationRep:
    stop being so emotional and slap that hoe

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 20, 2010
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.