Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If I don't enter or leave the congestion zone.... Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    If I don't enter or leave the London congestion charge zone, but simply move my car around inside it, will the cameras spot me? Anyone done this?

ReputationRep:
    the camera would spot u when u drive past them! so if u manage not to drive past any then u can i guess
    but dont they register when u entered an when u left and work out how much to charge?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR.PINK)
    the camera would spot u when u drive past them! so if u manage not to drive past any then u can i guess
    but dont they register when u entered an when u left and work out how much to charge?
    nope - it's a flat £8

ReputationRep:
    If you're a resident isn't there a different fee to pay?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chriscpritchard)
    nope - it's a flat £8
    isnt it by the day?!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR.PINK)
    isnt it by the day?!!
    yes, but if you don't drive around but you're just parked in the congestion zone they don't charge

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hothedgehog)
    If you're a resident isn't there a different fee to pay?
    Yeh residents only pay 10% of the normal rate.

ReputationRep:
    When the scheme started, there were only CC ANPR cameras on the periphery of the zone. Now they have them inner amongst Holborn (Southampton Row), The Strand and Shaftesbury Avenue etc, not to mention the roaming ANPR smart car vehicles deployed around town to catch you for any minor discretion.

There are though some roads in which don't have the cameras on the ingress and some on the egress. So it's very much possible if you know the London streets very well - but if you don't, you'll be down a one way street forced into the villainous eyes of the ANPR specs.

Residents as well (me being one) - did get a 90% discount, but it was a 90% discount on a weekly pass and not a daily one. So it didn't matter whether you moved or not. This is changing from 2011.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.