Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do you think of my drumming? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Not a troll post, seriously. I have never learnt to play nor played the drums in my life before. I am playing along on my computer keyboard :P. Have I atleast got the rhythm right? Considering learning the drums.
    The song is 'I want to hold your hand' by The Beatles.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBt0o9yPqs0

ReputationRep:
    If you're playing on your computer's keyboard I don't think you can count it as playing the drums.

Also what's the point of me just watching you head and shoulders bob up and down?

ReputationRep:
    Right... so this is a video of you tapping on your keyboard? You've got the rhythm right at least from what I sat through, but definatly give yourself a go on some actual drums to see whether you're any good at drums. I'm not an expert (in fact, I can only play a little bit) but its really hard to just pick up some sticks and be good... you have to be awesome at multi-tasking and using your hands and feet independantly. Are you any good at that?

And why in H&R?

ReputationRep:
    w...

t...

f...

ReputationRep:
    The video is removed but doesn't matter. I want to learn too there's certain websites that could give you a head start like:
    http://www.freedrumlessons.com/drum-lessons/
    Practising on your lap is a good method if you start taking lessons and don't have a drumkit of your own.

And the word wouldn't be multitasking, but co-ordinated. Being able to co-ordinate you hands with feet at different timings is an essential technique you'll pick up on.

ReputationRep:
    "This video has been removed by the user.
    Sorry about that."

ReputationRep:
    What a shame it's been removed.. I would have loved to have seen that!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.