Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,
    I was just wondering if anyone has applied to Bath uni? I applied on the 16th for secondary biology and haven't heard anything since! I've not even seen another applicant posting anywhere on these forums so feeling a little lonely
    Anyone heard anything from them/applying there?

ReputationRep:
    I currently go to bath for my undergraduate (final year) but not planning on going there for my PGCE (want to go to different part of country).

I have a friend currently doing a physics PGCE and he says its good. The schools are in high demand however and he is currently at a school in Swindon while living in Bath so its a fair commute but imagine this is fairly normal for all PGCE courses.

Bath is a lovely place, been my home for 4 years and going to miss is dearly (except rent prices, its very expensive!)

ReputationRep:
    I live about 15 minutes outside of the city now, so i'll be living at home with a car so can travel just that bit further to a placement There doesn't seem to be many takers for Bath, maybe this'll increase my chances of getting in??? Hope so as I've been waiting 5 weeks for any news.....damn the wait is killing me!!

ReputationRep:
    Yea im the same for Sheffield Uni (though only about a week wait so far!)

You should be fine for getting in for a science. Im yet to hear of anyone wanting a maths/science PGCE and not getting it (Im hoping for maths so fingers crossed for both of us!).

Yea having a car is a great use for placement. I hopefully will have mine too and not getting the train everyday!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.